Long Distance Riding - are vibrations really a problem

jbulkin

Registered
I've been doing a lot of reading about how the gen 2 hayabusas start getting intense vibrations in the handle bars and seat when the bike gets up to 85mph or so (right at touring speed - for some). Does anyone else experience this?

My gen 1 busa felt fine at these speeds.

my GEN II cruises just fine bro... I have heard other guys mention the vibrations, but I've never had any issues with this on mine... I normally find my cruising speed anywhere from 75mph to 90mph depending on surroundings :thumbsup:

(BTW, I run a stock GEN II with 2 bros slip-ons)

I have some vibration between 4and5 thousand rpms but not that bad. From what i've read on here all have it. No problem, just trottle up or down and all goes away.:thumbsup:

What's touring on a Busa like? Seems there would be a lot of weight on the arms. Does the air push you back to take the weight off your hands?

What's touring on a Busa like? Seems there would be a lot of weight on the arms. Does the air push you back to take the weight off your hands?

For Me, depends on how fast Im going, I use a Joe Rocket tank bag, at highway speeds I lean foward and lean on the bag and really relieves pressure of my wrists. But when I went to Key West, I never got past 40 mph, (sitting upright for about 3 hours) I was really sore, my wrists and back of my neck where hurting

Forgot to mention the Heli-Bars are worth 10 times what they sell for. No way I could ride the way I do without them. The Buell pegs are a must for me too (Im 6'4") I am still working on a seat. I got the Suzuki gel seat, its better than stock, but it still sucks. I havent decided if a Corbin seat is worth getting. (I had one on my 05 Busa and liked it) but I think I am going to save up and do a Day long seat.

Touring is great for me on the Gen-2. Helibars, Buell pegs, double-bubble, and Throttlemeister are a must for me though. I find the riding position perfect - you are not trying to sit up in the wind, and yes the air pressure does take the weight off your hands. Oh, a good pair of riding gloves helps too.

I have the issue right at 4500. Kind of irritating. But I have gotten used to it. I guess they fixed it in the 09's.

Back