Lone Survivor book turned to movie

Gpmo

Registered
I just heard they made Hollywood version of the Book "The Lone Survivor". Not sure what to think, the book was amazing and i highly suggest it to anyone. The book is a true telling of a Navy S.E.A.L. mission by Markus Lutrell. Its a bit disjointed but it works with the authors telling. I believe the writing style make it more personal and creates a larger impact because it feels real like someone is sitting there telling you the story and getting sidetracked like we all do.

Here is a Link to the Book
Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 1st edition by Luttrell, Marcus published by Little, Brown and Company Hardcover: Amazon.com: Books

Heres a link to the movie

Lone Survivor | Official Movie Site | Universal Pictures

For those of you who may have read this book, are you planning on seeing he film version. I am not sure if i will. I was excited at first but wondering how much hollywood did its normal hollywood thing.

Yes I saw the film,hollywood did make a few changes but it wasn't necessary.It wasn't bad changes,but it wasn't necessary. Impressive of team leader Michael Murphy,Metal of Honor. had a monument named after him,and a post office,and even a Battleship. It was how he radioed for help

I liked the movie. I was at a few bases in Afghanistan including Bagram and Fob Fenty aka "J-bad". I couldn't call BS on a single thing. I don't know anything about SEALS so I don't know anything on that end. They definitely did their homework for the bases!

Marcus is a local Houston guy and was all over the radio here promoting the movie. He said he and several of his current seal buddies had a hand in making the move to insure it was authentic. He said of course it's still a movie and had some "Hollywood" parts in it but that it was still pretty true an accurate.

He also said that at first he refused to take part in the making of the movie because he was against it but that it was going to get made with or without him so he broke down and decided to help so they didn't make a mockery of his fallen brothers. I haven't read the book yet so I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD.

because of an ignorant Hollywood actor? really?
because he is openly and critically ANTI GUN...and the HYPOCRISY of him and Hollywood and our government... i will not spend one dime supporting this...if more AMERICANS took stands we might actually CHANGE whats wrong in this country

I could give a crap if he is anti gun. or anything else His job is to entertain me and past that i could give a crap.

SOunds like i may have to watch the movie.

I would be happy to ship my copy of Lone Survivor out if i could find it.. I will look

because he is openly and critically ANTI GUN...and the HYPOCRISY of him and Hollywood and our government... i will not spend one dime supporting this...if more AMERICANS took stands we might actually CHANGE whats wrong in this country

Then never watch any movie or TV because they're all hipocrits,they're all roll playing,they're all fake.Story is not about Wahlberg,he's nothing more than a Boston street punk.It's about REAL American heros that fought to the death for their country,and it was a miracle that one made it out.I get the point about not liking actors but this ain't what it's about. Tell that BS to all the combat vets that saw the movie "past and present" that walked out of the theatre's wiping their eyes,cause of the reality,and seeing the faces of the ones who died at the end of the movie. It didn't have a damn thing to do about politics or government.It's was about fighting to the dealth for that guy next to you. In my eyes your stand on this one is ignorant...but it's America so you're aloud,that part of your freedom.

Then never watch any movie or TV because they're all hipocrits,they're all roll playing,they're all fake.Story is not about Wahlberg,he's nothing more than a Boston street punk.It's about REAL American heros that fought to the death for their country,and it was a miracle that one made it out.I get the point about not liking actors but this ain't what it's about. Tell that BS to all the combat vets that saw the movie "past and present" that walked out of the theatre's wiping their eyes,cause of the reality,and seeing the faces of the ones who died at the end of the movie. It didn't have a damn thing to do about politics or government.It's was about fighting to the dealth for that guy next to you. In my eyes your stand on this one is ignorant...but it's America so you're aloud,that part of your freedom.
Well said. Can we ever just focus in what the point if something is and not make it about politics.

I don't care what Mark Wahlberg's personal views are about guns. This is America, right? He has the right to his beliefs and the right to work as well...

I saw the movie and I liked it...it was tough to watch, but it wasn't supposed to be easy, seeing just a glimpse is what goes on for our guys over there even if the version has a Hollywood spin...

I've heard the book is excellent as well...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

he is more than welcome to "make his money" by saying one thing and doing another...but my father taught me something about people like that......

he is more than welcome to "make his money" by saying one thing and doing another...but my father taught me something about people like that......

Luckily, you're living in a country where you're entitled to your opinion Chris. You're also free to go see a movie or choose to NOT support the actor that made it by not going to see it...

Go America! :)

I'm glad this thing popped up again. This guy corrected Tom Cruise and more than likely Hollywood elites are behind the smear campaign. I still watch flicks and believe me I'm out of sync with 99% of Hollywood.

just f'n great....looks like i cant watch new transformers now either......

You probably shouldn't watch anything anyone in Hollywood puts out Chris...I'm sure you'd find you and "them" wouldn't agree on much when it comes to politics :rofl:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Back