Loan company wont release my title after paid off

Soverign Bank just did this with my mother. She had 2 payments left and she paid it off. They told her 10-days to get the title in the mail. Well, 25-days later nothing. Then they claimed they sent it to the wrong address and it was lost in the mail. So we filed for a duplicate title and needed a lein release letter from them and they kept stalling. 31-days later they overnighted it to my mother... the day after my lawyer faxed them a letter.

I have the BBB complaint form right here on my desk waiting to be filled out. Scum!

I hope this works out for you. Lot's of good advise here. Good luck!

yeah its hsbc through suzuki aka retail services and yes the loan has been completly paid off for 6 months. Id love to crack someones head open but doubt that would help lol

Hsbs is who i'm financed through also on my 07'. In a couple months and i'm gonna refinance the bike at a lower rate.

My recommendations:

1. make sure you have the payoff date memorized
2. if you sent a check to pay it off, make sure you have a doc showing when they cashed it
3. call the automated # and make sure it says the loan is paid off- they may be trying to scam you for addt'l interest and then will tell you you have 1 bill remaining (went through this with our truck)
4. see if the automated options allow to press '0' for the next available rep and get someone that way
5. if noone responds just mention you've fwd'ed all your docs to your lawyer and they will be hearing from him or her next
6. provide the title # if you know what it is to help them get it quicker- in their defense, they have a $hitload of loans (not that that makes it right)
7. tell them you want the title sent to you via certified mail or with deliv confirmation, and YOU WANT the conf # ( to verify it in fact goes out)

Half the big companies today have merged so many times they don't even know what they have anymore or where any of it is..  Good luck!

BUSAFETT

(BUSAFETT @ Feb. 25 2007,09:54) My recommendations:

1. make sure you have the payoff date memorized
2. if you sent a check to pay it off, make sure you have a doc showing when they cashed it
3. call the automated # and make sure it says the loan is paid off- they may be trying to scam you for addt'l interest and then will tell you you have 1 bill remaining (went through this with our truck)
4. see if the automated options allow to press '0' for the next available rep and get someone that way
5. if noone responds just mention you've fwd'ed all your docs to your lawyer and they will be hearing from him or her next
6. provide the title # if you know what it is to help them get it quicker- in their defense, they have a $hitload of loans (not that that makes it right)
7. tell them you want the title sent to you via certified mail or with deliv confirmation, and YOU WANT the conf # ( to verify it in fact goes out)

Half the big countries today have merged so many times they don't even know what they have anymore or where any of it is..  Good luck!

BUSAFETT
Good information here too. The last sentence is dead on. You have probably been dealing with call center staff that has no clue. Might even be calling out-of-country center.

(Lucky34 @ Feb. 25 2007,01:09) How are you going to refinance your bike at a lower rate?
its easy... you just go to another bank and get a loan for the pay off amount of the bike... you pay off the first loan and now you owe another bank and hopefully your intrest rate and payments are lower than the first... otherwise why would you refinance. I did it on one of my cars once... i was paying $460 a month and after i was paying $250. Helped me out during a time i needed more cash...

(badboysbailagnt @ Feb. 26 2007,21:43) Well how bout that i found the title in the mail box when i got home from work.  Only took 6 months
Good to hear!!!!!!!!!!

super.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

Did you know that HSBS secretly mean "High Speed Bulls**t Cluster..."? You get the picture.

Glad they finally got around to it.

(badboysbailagnt @ Feb. 26 2007,18:43) Well how bout that i found the title in the mail box when i got home from work.  Only took 6 months
You told them you where part of the Hayabusa.org Gang didn't you ?

I would write Suzuki the letter.
Saying there choice in business partners stinks and that you are reccomending to everyone thru mass media to shop elsewhere for money, when considering a Suzuki intallment loan.

Back