Little River Canyon

bigginbusa

Registered
Well the weather held, so I got to ride up to Little river Canyon, Oh man, it was a long ride. This was the first long ride Ive done on the bike since my Bypass surgery back in March, my butt is sore, my arms are sunburned, but I had a good time.

100_0033.jpg

100_0040.jpg

Lots of greenery! Looks like a nice area. How many miles round trip? and what do you mean by bypass surgery?

Nice. How much did you lose? My dad had bypass, and everything that possibly could go wrong went wrong. He spend over 4 months in the hospital. I'm glad it worked out for you.. :beerchug:

Well, from where I live in birmingham, it was about a 220 mile round trip. I went up highway 11 to fort payne alabama, and got to the canyon parkway from there.
What I mean by bypass surgery, is I was having chest pains back at the beginning of March, and after some argueing with insurance and doctors, I finally was put in the hospital to have the dye thing done, and thats when the doctor told me that I was Diabetic and had been for a long time, had cause the veins around my heart to be to small and cholestoral had started stopping them up, so the next day they were doing 6 bypasses on me, I would have never dreamed that at 44 years old id be having bypass surgery, but I should have known, my dad had bypass at 57 and hes diabetic, i should have gone to the doctor a long time ago, but I kept putting it off, I learned a hard lesson

Glad your doing well and had a good trip today.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, I asked because you didn't look old enough for to go through such a thing. I bet it's good to be riding now!

Have you ever rode the Cheaha Mountain Skyway? The wife and I want to ride that way in the next week or so.
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad to hear that you're doing well. Nice pics....thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

Yeah, Ive been up mount cheaha a couple of times, the last time I went up, I went down on my katana 600, i had a worn front tire and I felt it slip in one of the corners,so I stood the bike up from the lean and drifted off the road into the grass, i was trying to ease it back onto the pavement but thought i was about to end up in the ditch,so in a panic I hit the back brake,and it went down on its left side,then flipped to its right side and tossed me about 10 feet away, to me it all happened in a split second, but my buddy behind said it looked like it was in slow motion, i rode it home, bent right bar, broken front brake lever, a ding on the tank, and pulled groin....... but anyway, its a nice ride up there, nice scenery, but i remember there was some fine gravel in the curves, just keep and eye out

Back