limiter gen 1

I am running 14/52 gearing. My bike is back halfed, slick and bar. With a fat man on it. I wanted to make sure the factory speed limiter wasn't thinking the bike was going too fast. My sb6 is set to shift into 6th @ 11200 and msd says it doesn't see a 7th gear but the bike feels like it is shifting going through the traps. What is the output shaft rpm when the speed limiter kicks in? Track only bike.
how fat? I"m 250 suited up and I"m running 16/47 and I tote the front wheel out of the hole ( slick and a bar also ) leaving at 8000rpm on the two step, I think your running two much gear, I"d try a 16 up front, that 14 is going to cause you trouble any way. bike looks awsome.

spend some time at gearingcommander.com

at 14/52 you are only reaching 134mph at 11400 rpm with the 190/50 17 wheel

He is running a taller than stock tire on the back. I think it is a 18" hoop, but I know it is a flat slick tired bike.

Thanks for the info. I run a 25x7x18 flat mickey slick. The bike and rider combo is 830lbs. I have been 9.64 for my best time so far and I know it has more. I put a 160 lb rider on it and it went 9.40 @ 110 with a 5.77 1/8. He let off when he ran out of gear.
I know your bike likes more gear but mine wouldn't come out of the hole on a 15t. The gearing will change with the bigger motor next year. I have a robinson output and no issues. Chain is a drz2 and no issues. New chain every season. Over 100 passes with a 14t sprocket this year. I wanted to make sure I wasn't chasing my tail if a speed limiter was haunting me.
Right now I have it slowed down to run super gas (9.90). I don't have a 51 t sprocket to put on it my next selection is 49 and it may be too much gear. It might like the 49 with the air getting better if it doesn't kill my 60'.

Why is a 14t sprocket an off the shelf item if it is a problem. I heard george bryce is running a 12 on his promod.

WAY WAY WAY too much gear. We had a guy with the same issue on an 08' busa.at the bike shop I used to work at. He would run out of gear at the 1000ft mark. He also knew little about clutch and throttle work to get off the starting line quickly. The excess gear was riding the bike for him essentially. He could holeshot effectively, not from skill from all the gear. We ended up calculating his gear, tire size and RPM limit to get him into the ballpark of where he needed to be when he went through the traps. Then, after he would tweak the gearing to correct for wheelspin or track temp. Most importantly he learned to launch his bike and actually became a better and faster rider.

I agree I may need maybe 1-2 teeth less on the rear but not way more. The bike is bone stock motor (167 horse) 71" back half slick and bar, delay box, air clutch release, hayes clutch set up in engine driven multi not fully tuned. 7 k 2 step. You have to remember I am 330lbs. on a 495 lb bike.

Back