limiter gen 1

ssober

Registered
I am dragging a gen 1 busa and I am geared way low. I keep feeling the bike running out of gear at 136. I was wondering if the ecu editor removes this because i raised the rev limiter and made it a hard hit. am I running out of gear or hitting the max output shaft rpm. No I can't see my speedometer

from what i understand the ecu editor can pretty much control everything on the bike including rev limits and speed limiter.

however, if all you want to do are those 2 things give mps racing a call they just did a lot of stuff to my ecu including those 2 things and more. then i had it dyno tuned.(no im not with mps they just do great work)

i am like everybody else tho. how is your bike topping out at 136? how do you even get any traction?
my bike is only down a tooth on the front sprocket and if i dont slip it just right it spins pretty good in 1st w/ a decent strip tire? i would get my sprockets in order before changing anything. my .02

188 mph top speed

sent from my tap a keybord

didnt see the 2nd part. you are out of gear change a sprocket.

sent from my tap a keyboard.

I am running 14/52 gearing. My bike is back halfed, slick and bar. With a fat man on it. I wanted to make sure the factory speed limiter wasn't thinking the bike was going too fast. My sb6 is set to shift into 6th @ 11200 and msd says it doesn't see a 7th gear but the bike feels like it is shifting going through the traps. What is the output shaft rpm when the speed limiter kicks in? Track only bike.

here is the bike moto_0037.jpg

moto_0037.jpg

Could it be the sprocket set up is bad for the power the motor is putting out :dunno:

There are a lot of drag racers on psycho if you want to as k on there also

It was still pulling at the limiter (11400) and e/t falls off if i lower the shift points. It likes the rpm.
I was just asking a limiter question.

I am running 14/52 gearing. My bike is back halfed, slick and bar. With a fat man on it. I wanted to make sure the factory speed limiter wasn't thinking the bike was going too fast. My sb6 is set to shift into 6th @ 11200 and msd says it doesn't see a 7th gear but the bike feels like it is shifting going through the traps. What is the output shaft rpm when the speed limiter kicks in? Track only bike.
118 MPH / 10K RPMs DAYUM :laugh:

I'm guessing you've had it dyno tuned. The chart will tell the story. 11.4K RPM is up there on a Gen I.

I'm hitting the soft 6th gear speed limiter at about 10.5 on the stock tach. A cheap tre will disable it by locking the ecu into 5th gear, or ecu editor which just afffects 6th. I'd go with the editor though if I were you, perfect for the strip. Nice bike by the way, looks like a TON of fun :thumbsup:

Scott,

I'd say you are running out of gear. There is not "speed" limiter on these bikes. All they have is a rpm limiter. Suzuki calculated the rpm which that speed would occur and set accordingly to a lower rpm limit to prevent the "speed limit" from being exceeded. The ECU does not see any input from the output shaft sensor at all.

I'll see if I can find an article from PetriK or RR on it for you.

Rick

Here is a link that might help you a bit.

Setting RPM Limiters on 32bit ECUs ('02 - '07) - ECU hacking

Is it possible that the shifter is trying to shift it? Engaging the kill?
Another thing to think about it the neutral/clutch rpm limit. If the ECU is not seeing a good clean connection on the sensor when in sixth, it could think it is in neutral. It applies a different lower table when the bike is in neutral or the clutch lever is pulled in.

i see 9.79 on you wheelie bar. is that what the bike runs? if so i would def. consider changing the sprockets.

pretty sure rpm limit isnt your problem. more of a gearing issue.

my bike has stock rear and 16 front and runs in the 9's. that leads me to believe you have too much gear. it was probably set up to run the 1/8 and you need to get gearing for the 1/4. my .02

spend some time at gearingcommander.com

at 14/52 you are only reaching 134mph at 11400 rpm with the 190/50 17 wheel

gearing commander says 117.7 on stock motor for the 14/52 @ 10 rpm so 136 mph ain't to bad. at over 11K

Back