Lightcycle's topgun undertail

LightCycle

Donating Member
Registered
Hey all... bored tonight... figured I'd post some pre-install pictures,

Also have a question on those weird push pins and washers that came with.

5 Pics in all

1 of 5

<!--EDIT|LightCycle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148694246 -->

Attachments

• HPIM0142.JPG
    324.4 KB · Views: 135
anyone know where these go? Really weird pins..

Anyway, that's all for now folks... I'll make sure I post plenty of pics tomorrow during the install.

Cheers

<!--EDIT|LightCycle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148694441 -->

Attachments

• HPIM0146__Resized___Resized___Resized_.JPG
    367.5 KB · Views: 117
Those are actually the rivets to be used for attaching the License plate bracket if you so choose. I myself think I'd prefer a small bolt and nut though. Mine are still in the bag since I put the plate on the swingarm.
smile.gif

Looks great! But with undertails, I would prefer the more original look than the 'normal' look with an undertail peice. Like mine, I have never seen another undertail setup like mine. BTW do you have pics of it on the bike and lit up? Would like to see.

It'll look great when it's on! I did like mzrsq and put my license plate on the swingarm.

Help...lol
I've taken all the push pins, bolts and allens out, I've scored the fender where I'm going to cut, but the reat fairing still won't come off. Is there some kind of trick to this? It seems to be caught up at the rear where the brake light is.

Any suggestions?

Help...lol
I've taken all the push pins, bolts and allens out, I've scored the fender where I'm going to cut, but the reat fairing still won't come off. Is there some kind of trick to this? It seems to be caught up at the rear where the brake light is.

Any suggestions?
Unplug your brake light and turnsignals

hmmmmm, other than making sure all the pins are oxut and the bulbs are diisconeected, it should just come right off. I know you've gotta seperate the front half just a bit to slid it over the rear subframe. Ya did remove the little piece inside under the seat located up front by the battery? Small piece with 2 clips that hold the fron half together? Can't really think of anything beyond that.

Thanks for the feedback guys... I got it off, did the cutting, test fit so know I'm on the wiring. It looks like TopGun has changed their wiring colors a bit from the instructions I got.

"Stock White with black stripe to undertail Red wires

Stock solid brown wire to undertail Black wires

Stock Black with white stripe to undertail Black with white stripe
"

For brake lights off the undertail I have a red, black and yellow.

Turn signals are black and green.

I'm using the stock harness plugs and going to splice the undertail into it.

So...

For the brake lights I'll do the..... Stock Black with white stripe to undertail yellow wire as this is the only wire that differs from the instructions...

anyone know about the turnsignals? On the stock turn signal I have a solid black wire and a black wire with white stripe.

I'd assume that the black stock turn signal wire would go with the black undertail turn signal wire, and the black with white stripe stock turn signal wire would go with the undertail green turn signal wire.

can anyone confirm?

Cheers

Well I lucked out with the turn signals.... no brake lights though... wired it just as described above...

Looking at the stock brake light assymb. It almost looks like Brown is the hot wire, white with black stripe is ground and black with white stripe is the signal wire

which would mean that the wiring instructions for

Stock White with black stripe to undertail Red wires

Stock solid brown wire to undertail Black wires

is backwards. If Brown is hot.... wouldn't it more likely splice to the undertail red wires instead of the black....

anyone know?

They must have changed things around... on my tail the proper wiring is

Stock Brown goes to Undertail Yellow
Stock White with Black stripe goes to Undertail Red
Stock Black with White stripe goes to Undertail Black

Done... finally... will post pics later tonight... man this thing looks sick...

I must be pretty slow, taken all day, but worth it. Saved $200 by doing it myself, and did a much better job than someone who don't care about my bike as much as I do.

1 Of 8 – Before pic rear – I’m kinda going to miss that big mud flap… Not.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    378.2 KB · Views: 126
3 Of 8 – Rear fairing finally off. All that’s going away.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    369.9 KB · Views: 133
Back