LED replacements that work

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
I have tried a couple direct replacement lights for 1156/1157 bulbs and found some that are as bright if not brighter than standard bulbs. They also lack the "spotlight" issue I have seen with LEDS (directional light).

Downside is the cost of these things at $25 each...
Upside is that they fit and they are bright

here are pics of regular 14LED bulbs @ $5 each vs the 11LED "Eagle Tower" bulbs at $25 (cough) It is hard to show "brightness" but they are "BRIGHT"

The small LEDs you can see are Hyperlight 3 ways (8 red/8 amber and only reds are lit)
http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm perhaps someone can find a better deal on them but at least they work

led1.jpg
led2.jpg

led3.jpg
led4.jpg

Yeah, that site has got some good stuff. They are the same ones that carry the 'switchback' LED towers that we use to add the 'running light' mod to the front.

Those lights are putting out some serious light for daytime pics!
super.gif

(bogusLogon @ Sep. 17 2007,19:54) I have tried a couple direct replacement lights for 1156/1157 bulbs and found some that are as bright if not brighter than standard bulbs. They also lack the "spotlight" issue I have seen with LEDS (directional light).

here are pics of regular 14LED bulbs @ $5 each vs the 11LED "Eagle Tower" bulbs at $25 (cough)  It is hard to show "brightness" but they are "BRIGHT"  

The small LEDs you can see are Hyperlight 3 ways (8 red/8 amber and only reds are lit)
 perhaps someone can find a better deal on them but at least they work
If you replace the blinkers all around with LED's, is there a plug-n-play flasher unit that will work on the Suzukis or do you have to cut and splice one in?   Thanks for any info,

(ramairglenn @ Sep. 19 2007,22:55)
(bogusLogon @ Sep. 17 2007,19:54) I have tried a couple direct replacement lights for 1156/1157 bulbs and found some that are as bright if not brighter than standard bulbs. They also lack the "spotlight" issue I have seen with LEDS (directional light).

here are pics of regular 14LED bulbs @ $5 each vs the 11LED "Eagle Tower" bulbs at $25 (cough) It is hard to show "brightness" but they are "BRIGHT"

perhaps someone can find a better deal on them but at least they work
If you replace the blinkers all around with LED's, is there a plug-n-play flasher unit that will work on the Suzukis or do you have to cut and splice one in? Thanks for any info,
The LED's certainly screw up the blinker action..
Radio shack has a 10ohm/50watt resistor. I put one on each side (wired parallel with rear flasher bulbs) and that corrected the issue. These are thermal style resistor so over a long time they are going to generate some heat. mount accordingly. I just taped mine into the harness)
There are some Aluminum cased that are I think 6ohm/50watt that do not heat up. They did not have them and they are also like 3 times the price. (1.25 each for the cheap ones)

Sorry I should have posted this with the pics

If you replace the blinkers all around with LED's, is there a plug-n-play flasher unit that will work on the Suzukis or do you have to cut and splice one in? Thanks for any info,[/Quote]

I used a flasher from the auto parts store, cost about 5 bucks and takes 10 min to install. You unhook the flasher that is already on the bike and remove the rear signal wires, then plug them into new flasher. Leave the front signals wired to the stock flasher. Do a search there are pics of this on the board and probably better worded directions.

BTW this is all plug and play. No cutting or splicing.

Back