Leather Pants fitment issue...

rashad

Registered
I just got my first leather pants with knee pucks today and had some questions...

Fitment is kinda tight around the waist.. I wear a size 34 and thats what I ordered but it seems a bit tight there...not a huge issue and im guessing they need to stretch. But the weird thing is, they seem too LONG as well.

SO if i go up a size, they will be longer.... if i go down a size, they will most likely be tighter.... so it seems I have the best size...:banghead:

I could be wrong, as I didnt sit on the bike with them on... But while standing the knee armor didnt line up with my knees (not the pucks I know they go off to the sides, the actual armor underneath).

Any comments or suggestions from anyone who has had a similar experience? I am 5'7" and 188 lbs... which I am sure is part of the problem. I typically wear a 34/30.

Thanks!

A seated position will probably fix the puck placement. Fit issue, I've heard of guys wearing them in the shower to make them fit right. You might want to wait on the experts before jumping in the shower.

Any comments or suggestions from anyone who has had a similar experience? I am 5'7" and 188 lbs... which I am sure is part of the problem. I typically wear a 34/30.

Thanks!

Thats the problem with 'off the peg' gear. Apart from being on the fat side, with one-piece suits I find my body is longer than 'normal' for my height, but my legs are shorter. I end up with leather scrunched around my knees and sing like a soprano when I'm off the bike :whistle:

Thats the problem with 'off the peg' gear. Apart from being on the fat side, with one-piece suits I find my body is longer than 'normal' for my height, but my legs are shorter. I end up with leather scrunched around my knees and sing like a soprano when I'm off the bike :whistle:

Leathers suits are only supposed to fit when on the bike.

Remember, when you sit on bike, length will shorten.

Knee pucks normall fit off outsideand below knee, so they are flat with the ground when you scuff then; they are on Velcro so you can adjust them a little if necessary.

What brand? As they all fit differently...

i have the joe rocket 5.0 leather pants, i wear a size 34, but i bought a size 36 becuase i heard they were a little tight, glad i did. as far as length goes, shouldn't matter considering you will be wearing boots so the length won't show.

Thanks guys for the input...I'm gonna give it a go on the bike.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I was told by an A-star rep that leathers are sized for the frames of guys that race. Since the typical 240lbs racer is not 5"10", wait typical racer is not 240, so I had to get a suit for a very tall person.???

Checking the fit when on the bike is the only way to really know if they "fit" correctly.

I was told by an A-star rep that leathers are sized for the frames of guys that race. Since the typical 240lbs racer is not 5"10", wait typical racer is not 240, so I had to get a suit for a very tall person.???

What brand did you get. If I get a suit that fits my height, it is so big in the mid section, there is room for 2 more people. I'm 6'7" but only around 240.

None of the one pieces fit me right so I ended up getting a seperate jacked and pants. A-Star GP jacket and A-Star Track pants.

Back