launching

crawlinbusa1320

Registered
just bought a busa a couple months ago only raced 6's was always slipping it to keep it in the trq band what do you guys suggest is the best way to launch one its stock motored 6inchs over shinko slammed with a strap i've been told try to get the clutch out within the first 15-20 feet by another board member just trying to get a couple of opinions

keep it at 6k

when the light is about to turn green, slam it wide open while your slipping the clutch for a few feet

6-8K is about right for your setup...the Shinko (22psi) will hold it. Get clutch out as soon as possible. I launch at 8K, with a lot of feathering (even thought I shouldn't do that on a Busa). I'm just not comfortable with the tire spinning that hard tell it hooks for the fastest launch. Best 60' is a 1.56X

where would you launch at with a 7 inch slick, wheelie bar?  do have msd 2 step!
About 1500 rpm if I'm in the next lane!
winkold.gif

haha, I'm thinking i need to be around 6000 when i dump the clutch! Just a guess though. Today will be my first test and tune on this new setup. We'll see!

6-8K is about right for your setup...the Shinko (22psi) will hold it.  Get clutch out as soon as possible.  I launch at 8K, with a lot of feathering (even thought I shouldn't do that on a Busa). I'm just not comfortable with the tire spinning that hard tell it hooks for the fastest launch.  Best 60' is a 1.56X
Your tire should never be spinning on the launch to it hooks that will not produce the fastest launch.

Back