Late Fall Ride

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
tounge.gif
Well, soon most of the good riding weather will be history... at least in my part of the world.  Sunday however was perfect weather and a short trip up to the Ocoee River here in Tennessee definitely made my day.  I did take some pic's to share because not everyone will get to see the "changing of the guard" (seasons) and nothing does it better or more in your face than nature when she goes from summer to fall.  I ride this area all the time and the first thing I noticed was the lack of traffic... especially bikes.  Any Saturday or Sunday would find this highway filled with cars and bikes all on the same quest to "get away from it all."
zzIMG_0101.jpg

Same thing for this local store along the way.

zzIMG_0102.jpg

The first stop was at the Ocoee #1 Dam... the blue water of Parksville Lake turning cooler with each passing day.

zzIMG_0110.jpg

I always thought of the Dam as the start of the good riding.  This road takes me there.  Again, almost no cars or bikes.

zzIMG_0113.jpg

I pretty much had this to myself all day.  I was King today, it was all mine... only an occasional intruder into my world.

zzIMG_0120.jpg

Every meter of road I traveled was delicious with color, magnificent views, and knowing it would probably be my last of the season, I savored each sight and burned it into my memory.

zzIMG_0119.jpg

zzIMG_0117.jpg
zzIMG_0114.jpg

zzIMG_0117.jpg

Soon it would be time to start the climb to my goal, which was Oswald Dome Road and it led up into the blue sky.  The road really reminds me of the Gap in a way, except it doesn't have a center line and is a constant climb.  However, there are four stops to be made up there and this picture is the first one.

zzIMG_0124.jpg

The view seems to go on forever up there... sigh

zzIMG_0138.jpg

zzIMG_0136.jpg

zzIMG_0117.jpg

ALL I CAN SAY IS ........ GOD IS INCREDIBLE... SOME PEOPLE LIVE THEIR WHOLE LIVES AND NEVER SE ANYTHING THAT BEAUTIFUL. DUDE YOU ARE TRULY BLESSED. TIMES LIKE THAT ARE A RARITY FOR ANYONE, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT. THANKS FOR THE PICS...... KINDA LIKE AN INVITATION OF SORTS.

Thanks for the pics............and for making me hate the midwest once again.

Sigh......and these weren't the best pics
sad.gif
The board wouldn't let me post the rest of 'em .....oh well.

Bob, great pics, we went through there on the 22nd on our way to the GAP and it was beautiful. Glad ya had a good ride. Give me a call sometime.

Tim

10_22_06_008_40_.JPG

Back