"Klonk" from gerabox

Televinken

Registered
I´m on my second Busa, and never had problem with each of them. But a friend have a "Klonk" sound from gear box.
This don´t happen everytime he drive´s away. Just sometime. And only on 1´st gear.

Have somebody of you this problem and if so....what can it be???

The bike is -01.

(hope you understand my bad english)

Greetings from Sweden

smile.gif
I have heard of this described before, but I don't remember if there was ever an agreement as to what it is.

i get it when i go from 1 to 2
but also when I go from 2 to 1 say I am in 2nd, pull the clutch in and let the rpm drop too much, I hear a big clunk but also like if something got loose in the gear. if i try to release the clutch and i am going to fast, the back wheel will try to lock up. Need to slow down much more to be able to release the clutch
sad.gif

That is normal I've had that KLONK with my "96" GSXR-1100 my "00" Busa and my "04" Busa... I would not worry about it at all....
biggrin.gif

I have an '04 LE. My Busa has been in the shop four times to figure out what that noise is. It happens just like you guys have described. My entire cush assembly was replaced under warranty to try to fix it. We have finally decided what the noise is. Dirty chain. I live on a dirt road and that is the cause. Now I clean/lube my chain after every ride and the noise is gone. Good luck and keep the rubber side down.

Peace
Don

I have never had this problem before but I have heard that its the back-torque cam. Here is the fix Link no longer works

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if its the transmission or anything that the oil make contact with. You would know of problems when oil is changed. Such as metal shavings or flakes. And check the chain to make sure there isnt to much slack.

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101558711 -->

Back