Kawasaki guys

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone know if there are major changes coming for the 05 kawa ZX6r? Undertail exhaust or anything cool that would make a guy wait to buy? A friend is ready to buy but heard the 05's are going to be way better and did not get anything but smart azz remarks off the kawa board....ask me to post on the busa board....thanks!

go zuk and never look back at those kawis. I checked out the zx10 and they didn't have any info on the '05s as of last week.

IS THIS KAWAZUKI.ORG or are you just----
rock.gif

didn't you hear the man? He tried the KAW boards but they were too busy ranting elsewhere. we need to step up and lend a hand to show what nice people we are.

that said, I've a friend that rolls a 6R and it's an awesome machine but you gotta keep it above 10K rpms to rock. I have not heard, and not really looked for info on teh newest version, but there is ALWAYS something better to wait for. does he wanna wait or ride? the KAW 6R is the top of the 6 heap. judegment call on the timing. seems all bikes of late are only different by tenths of seconds so you really can't go wrong on any of them. if he's not a TRACK RACER and doesn't plan on spending most of his days above the 10k mark, he might want to consider the TORQUIER [read 'real world low end grunt'] Suzuki 600. jsut a thought. I'm sure personal flavor plans into the final decision. my buddy has had his 6R up to 167 mph indicated [prolly 152ish] so it's no slouch on teh top end either. um... what else what else..... eh... I'd said call your local KAW dealer and hit him for a what's up. I will guarentee yoru friend will not be using HALF of what the bike is capable of on the street anyway.... because streets are not good enough for it. so it don't matter which year he gets. Good luck

check it

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091409647 -->

The 600 class is so competitive that the big four make changes every year. Like JD said...if your friend wants to ride....then tell him to buy now. If he's a stat rider then he might be better off just being a perpetual shopper, cuase he's never gonna get the "best". Or he could save a ton of money and buy a 2 year old 6R...he wouldn't notice a diff either way in the fun department, but he'd have a whole lotta extra spending loot...
tounge.gif
But if he really wants to know about the 05's tell him to wait till september when they announce the changes to the new bikes...

I have an 03 zx6r, my brother an 04 gsxr600 and my dad an 01 busa.
I've rode all three back to back to back. We'll tackle straight lines first. I can get the 600s off the line quicker but by 50mph, a sonic blast of blue silver knocks you over and disappears behind the horizon before you can finish 3rd gear. Bring on some tight twisties and me and my brother will get a nice breather at the end before the busa catches up.
But you all should know this. Lets talk zx vs gsx.
zx stock gearing is 15/40 and gsx is 16/45. 6th gear roll on 60-80 the gsx will pull the zx. I way 200lbs and my brother 165. We switched bikes and tried again. Even with my heavy ass the gsx pulled, but only slightly. A quick switched to 14/40 gearing on my zx evened things right out. They both rev to 15,500, but once the zx gets cooking I think it pulls the gsx a bit in the mids say, 9-12k rpm and up top its pretty damn even.  The only power mod on the zx is an akrapovic carbon slip on and the gsx has no power mods.
In riding positions, the clipons feel lower on the zx than the gsx. The gsx feels slightly narrower with a more upright riding position.
I felt more comfortable railing the zx around than the gsx but thats just because I'm used to it.
If I was in the market for a new 600, I would get....whatever they would sell me the cheapest, between the zx and gsx. Ive sat on an R6 and didn't really like the feel of it at all. I've never tried the honda 600rr.

Edit: I don't know anything about 05 yet, but If was to guess. Kawi will redesign the 6 to look like the 10, ala cbr 1000rr and 600rr and gsxr1k and 600.

<!--EDIT|so_cal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091477821 -->

Back