Just ordered Muzzy full titanium exhaust with round titanium can from

Weight savings is key.
I didn't think I would notice a difference, but I instantly did. The exhaust is the easiest and cheapest area to loose weight on the busa. Why not pick up more power, better sound, AND loose weight while your at it.

Thanks, Omega...that answers what I was really wondering about. My first agenda item, for horsepower, is getting into the nines. But I want to go right from the strip to Willow Springs, or Angeles Crest Highway, and not sacrifice anything. The Titanium system is starting to sound like a good choice.

I just ordered a full Ti muzzy system for my 929. It looks like I won't get it for another month though. I got it for the weight savings, power and price. It is much cheaper than the other full Ti systems out there. YOu guys are really cut a ton of weight if your stock set-up is around 40lbs!! Damn that's heavy. At some point I ran into a busa owner's site, that had many nice pics and he had made lots of mods,(PMF brakes,full yoshi,carbon bodywork ,mag wheels.etc.) You know were I can find it again?

Kirk - I dont know what scale you weighed the stock pipe on, but its no where near 40 pounds. More like 30.

Tom- I haven't weighed either one. I was using the time-honored internet practice of repeating stuff that you heard somewhere else.

[This message has been edited by Kirk (edited 30 July 2000).]

my scale says stock pipe w/ cans is 31 lbs. SO, since the Sato weighs 12, I lost 19.

Its actually 32 point something or other, the pair system is 4, the grabrail is 3, the bar ends are 3.
Got the idea?

PAIR is gone. Bar end weights are gone. grab rail is gone. Sounds to me like I am going to lose closer to an additional 25lbs than 35lbs. Oh well. It's still going to be kissing close to 500 lbs.

Back