Just got back from Sturgis

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
I'm glad to be home from Sturgis, It sure wasnt for me... I think I saw 3-4 sports bikes..1000's of Hogleys. Slow-Loud- Noisy..Riders in leather or shorts and tee shirts. I guess they wear leather to look cool.( I dont like it) or shorts and Maybe a shirt , no protection at all I guess the bikes wont go fast enough to get hurt.. Sturgis area is nice. MT. Rushmore etc is real cool , I will go back to check that area out again soon.I'd like to get some land there and relocate someday. ( if I can get 20-30 acres... at the least) .. So where is a big Sports bike ralley? I think that would be more my style crowd.

Biketoberfest coming up in Florida..I'll be down there wuith the Busa and hoping to catch up with Fate and overeasy...sorry Sturgis sucked for you, definitely A Harley crowd but were glad you made it home safe!
beerchug.gif

Expected 25% of it to be Sports bikes and a lot better / more B***hes .. One good thing is the camp ground where I stayed , everyones tent fell during a bad storm , Except mine..hahaha Tents were filled with water . probably a few hundred tents at the site . People came out the tents looking like the Simpsons pointing at my tent ... hhaaaa

I don't think I would care for Sturgis either. Check out Biketober fest and there is one in VA but I don't remember the name

I'm glad to be home from Sturgis, It sure wasnt for me... I think I saw 3-4 sports bikes..1000's of Hogleys. Slow-Loud- Noisy..Riders in leather or shorts and tee shirts. I guess they wear leather to look cool.( I dont like it) or shorts and Maybe a shirt , no protection at all I guess the bikes wont go fast enough to get hurt.. Sturgis area is nice. MT. Rushmore etc is real cool , I will go back to check that area out again soon.I'd like to get some land there and relocate someday. ( if I can get 20-30 acres... at the least) .. So where is a big Sports bike ralley? I think that would be more my style crowd.
Oh the agony... I could have recommended against it, but then I tend to be so Anti-Big Crowds that I am not always certain my judgement is clear. But yeah, You'll never find me at any sort of "rally" or Bike Week. If I want to hang out, get a lot of dirty looks, and have scorn heaped upon me I can do this here on the forums...
ices_rofl.gif

Seriously though sitting on the back of my bike, walking it through crowds of um... "Interesting" people feeling the motor heat up to just under Nuclear while enjoying all the exhaust and funk of all these "individuals?" No thanks... Give me a sunny canyon road empty of Leo's and Winnibagos and I'm a happy guy.

Not fond of large crowds anywhere especially on a m/c tour. Why would I want to visit a town with 400,000+ people on vacation? I've heard the best time to go to Sturgis is about three weeks AFTER the rally.
ThumbsUp.gif

If you want to really see the area, come up in mid-September when the tourist have gone home. Then the real riding starts..
beerchug.gif

I'm glad to be home from Sturgis, It sure wasnt for me...  I think I saw 3-4 sports bikes..1000's of Hogleys. Slow-Loud- Noisy..Riders in leather or shorts and tee shirts.  I guess they wear leather to look cool.( I dont like it) or shorts and Maybe a shirt , no protection at all I guess the bikes wont go fast enough to get hurt..     Sturgis area is nice. MT. Rushmore etc is real cool , I will go back to check that area out again soon.I'd like to get some land there and relocate someday. ( if I can get 20-30 acres... at the least) ..  So where is a big Sports bike ralley? I think that would be more my style crowd.
i was thier too, i agree with everything you said!!! what were you riding i may have saw you?

Hubby went there 5 years ago; long road trip with a friend, both on Harleys...

Mike said that one day was pretty much enough...he loved the rides in the area, but the actual "party" in Sturgis got old pretty quickly. They ended up cutting their trip short and came back home early. It's not really a trip he cares to repeat...

I guess it's good to say you went, beyond that it's just another party and even partying gets old.

I would really like to go back and see more of the area , I live in the mountains in TN. but will out-grow this place in a few years.. & I left the event early too...That ws enough. I drove a car there a silver dodge Magnum ..There is no way I would take my bike to some place I havent been , leave it parked in a camp area, ride it thru mud holes and grass etc & leave it outside to get rained on...If thats the case they should ride dirt bikes.. I doubt I will make it back this year , but I am getting a few people together to got next year AFTER the event is over... HillsRider You live near MT.Rushmore? Got any scoops on land etc ?

I haven't been to Sturgis and I could've told ya there'd be few sportbikes and mostly cruisers. I'd like to get up there to do some riding sometime, but for me it wouldn't have to be during Bike Week. People have told me the concerts, parties, vendors and stuff like that are no different from Daytona or Myrtle Beach. Already been there and done that.

I would love to get back out there, loved the area but was there about 2-3wks after the "event" ended. Most of the town was shutting down, managed to get some of the last few deals on shirts but otherwise, I absolutely LOVED the roads. Rhythm and I managed to get out on some back roads at night... now that was an interesting/fun ride
cool.gif

I would really like to go back and see more of the area ,  I live in the mountains in TN. but will out-grow this place in a few years..  & I left the event early too...That ws enough. I drove a car there a silver dodge Magnum ..There is no way I would take my bike to some place I havent been , leave it parked in a camp area, ride it thru mud holes and grass etc & leave it outside to get rained on...If thats the case they should ride dirt bikes.. I doubt I will make it back this year , but I am getting a few people together to got next year AFTER the event is over...   HillsRider You live near MT.Rushmore? Got any scoops on land etc ?
I am near Deadwood. Hit me with a PM if you would like some info on the area.
thumb_up.gif

I went there one time during the rally. TOOOO CROWDED!!!!!

We go in June before the crowds and have the roads wide open.

No standing in line to eat or fuel up.

It really is a great area.

Biketoberfest coming up in Florida..I'll be down there wuith the Busa and hoping to catch up with Fate and overeasy...sorry Sturgis sucked for you, definitely A Harley crowd but were glad you made it home safe!
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif
Look forward to meeting up. I am not going to make the BusaBash

Back