just drove 400 miles

RaynTerror

Registered
drove from mongomery,al to starkville,ms and back...man, the back of my freak'n neck hurts like a mutha. the ride was comfortable except for that. time to take the busa in and get it's first service...got over 600 miles on it now. any suggestions on keeping my neck from feeling like someone tried to snap it off?

<!--EDIT|RaynTerror
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077506728 -->

stay below 120mph
laugh.gif

I have to disagree with fstbusa. It takes practice, practice, practice, preferably at high speeds to get used to it.

I see you're just down the road from me in Montgomery. I'm up in the Gadsden area, so if you want to ride sometime, let me know.

i stayed pretty close to the speed limit(maybe avgd bout 10 mph over). there was a new vette that tried to f:)ck with me but i think his daddy should of bought him a busa.at the time i hit 150, i think he got skeered & let off.
tounge.gif
i don't think he relized i was'nt even crankn' on the throttle all the way.

I had the same problem with my neck hurting after my rides. I found that the helmet I was wearing was heavy and didn't let me see without tilting my head back. I bought an Arai RX-7 Corsair, and it made a world of difference. The newer Shoie's are nice too.

I also put on a ZG Sport Touring windscreen and it blocks a LOT of the wind buffeting. I want to get some bar risers also, but will probably wait till spring to get them.

Here's a pic of the ZG ST windscreen:

DSC00093.jpg

The other issue is rider position.  I know when i went to the busa I had just come off a gsxr 11. And I was used to sittin differently.  I find that if you try to slouch, yes slouch, a little bit i feel more comfortable than keeping stiff and trying to keep an eye on gauges and road.  Maybe try to relax body when riding. Just a sugg.

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077541486 -->

The other issue is rider position.  I know when i went to the busa I had just come off a gsxr 11. And I was used to sittin differently.  I find that if you try to slouch, yes slouch, a little bit i feel more comfortable than keeping stiff and trying to keep an eye on gauges and road.  Maybe try to relax body when riding. Just a sugg.
iagree.gif

Yep, you have to stay loose and constantly make slight adjustments to your riding position on long trips.

What has worked for me are the higher (1 1/4") Reaper risers, lower footpegs (yes they helped the neck area, because my overall body position changed) and a Corbin seat (mostly just butt help there though). Also, the single biggest help to relieve neck pain for me was a cheap little devise called a throttle rocker. Its a little piece of plastic that you put on the throttle handgrip. It allows you to maintain a throttle position with less effort. It is NOT a throttle lock/cruise and its about $10. I've done over 1000 miles in a day more than once, getting ready to try 1500 in 24hours.

Back