Just bought 2022 in black

1. Welcome to the site...
2. That first pic if you on the bike, Nice shot
3. The pic of your kid in the helmet, CHERISH every moment you can... I remember my kids so excited about me having a Busa, then they grew up.....
4. Black is the fastest color so nice choice!

Cap

Mine snaps, crackles and pops on decel...I was going to do the mod to stop it but decided it makes me feel young

They do, and sound good...and you DO have some hoon still left in you...riding around disturbing the peace, lmao.
With the auto blipper down, the engine has what sounds like a quick and consistent small bump in the throttle just before the rpms climb from the on-throttle down shift.

Ok so being that I’m new to this, my instincts think of engine breaking when downshifting. So hitting the downshift without letting out a clutch makes me feel like it’s gonna throw me over the handlebars. What do I need to know
You brake and off throttle and usually then downshift the gears as you normally would to slow , but no clutch . You will still use your clutch as normal ride needs ie; example , you plan to slow to either stop or as you come down the gears nearing slow traffic to slow trickle , as in through that traffic . So the quickshifter is used as a ride (racers ) tool to allow quick seamless upshifts and the auto blip feature allows the rider to concentrate on steering , throttle and brake control while down shifting and decelerating to any point of speed . You can be cruising along , say your mate passes you , you can then clutchless downshift 1 or 2 gears , open throttle wide and pin the throttle and keep feeding gears to accelerate , no clutch used to upshift and give chase , as example .
You do not have to use the quickshifter , the clutch can still be used normally ( normal riding ) at anytime the quickshifter is activated . The quickshifter is designed to facilitate seamless upchanges , and the auto blipper assist effective downchanges for racing type modes of riding , like when you are riding that clear winding road , no traffic . The only thing to remember really is the quickshifter always needs a partial open throttle ( accelerating ) ( usually around 3,000rpm + ) to work efficiently . Anytime you want you can grab the clutch lever as normal and you would not know the quickshifter was enabled .

Ok so being that I’m new to this, my instincts think of engine breaking when downshifting. So hitting the downshift without letting out a clutch makes me feel like it’s gonna throw me over the handlebars. What do I need to know

Remember that guys ride near verticle stoppies on bikes(on Busa's too).
So downshifting is Not going to throw you over the bars, no matter how high the rpm or how low the gear.
The back tire will Not lift, and the slipper clutch will help prevent the rear tire from sliding.
No worries.

You brake and off throttle and usually then downshift the gears as you normally would to slow , but no clutch . You will still use your clutch as normal ride needs ie; example , you plan to slow to either stop or as you come down the gears nearing slow traffic to slow trickle , as in through that traffic . So the quickshifter is used as a ride (racers ) tool to allow quick seamless upshifts and the auto blip feature allows the rider to concentrate on steering , throttle and brake control while down shifting and decelerating to any point of speed . You can be cruising along , say your mate passes you , you can then clutchless downshift 1 or 2 gears , open throttle wide and pin the throttle and keep feeding gears to accelerate , no clutch used to upshift and give chase , as example .
You do not have to use the quickshifter , the clutch can still be used normally ( normal riding ) at anytime the quickshifter is activated . The quickshifter is designed to facilitate seamless upchanges , and the auto blipper assist effective downchanges for racing type modes of riding , like when you are riding that clear winding road , no traffic . The only thing to remember really is the quickshifter always needs a partial open throttle ( accelerating ) ( usually around 3,000rpm + ) to work efficiently . Anytime you want you can grab the clutch lever as normal and you would not know the quickshifter was enabled .
Yes I totally got it once I hit it. Thanks for your response

I couldn’t find tank protectors that fit so I bought these stomp grips for the 2021 busa and cut them to fit better. I call it good enough

225F1647-8E92-461B-97D6-2BC933F45BBE.jpeg

42A95C07-E9D0-42F0-85BF-64D4F83586D7.jpeg

Back