Just a few pics of what we have been working on.

Nice! Back when I worked at South Central Bell, I wanted to be a lineman - er, linewoman?
person? Anyway, my manager wouldn't let me apply because of my gender.

Hurrah to the people that get the power going again!
Risking life and trimming limbs so we can see in the dark and post on h.org!
:cheerleader: :thumbsup: :bowdown:

You linemen really work for your $$ , I work in a Generating plant and all we do is make the power. :beerchug:

Glad ur doing well and i see you are enjoying your time in our great state! :poke:Stop over at Whisky ****'s on the north side if you get a chance! thanks for all your help!:beerchug:

hey bro, the people there would probably like you better if you quit putting all those trees on their power lines and knocking out their lights :poke: seriously, hope all is going well and you get to go home soon :beerchug:

Thanks guys. Heres just a few of the folks we have in the Northeast quadrant. Things are a little slow today, they usually are when the storm work starts winding down.

Ike 022.jpg

Ike 023.jpg

Nice! Back when I worked at South Central Bell, I wanted to be a lineman - er, linewoman?
person? Anyway, my manager wouldn't let me apply because of my gender.

Hurrah to the people that get the power going again!
Risking life and trimming limbs so we can see in the dark and post on h.org!
:cheerleader: :thumbsup: :bowdown:

Good on ya, if you really want it, keep trying. We had two lady line workers here in Oklahoma for a while. They cant discriminate because of your gender!

Hey I do the same thing here in Chattanooga! Made trouble shooter three years ago so no more setting poles and hanging transformers for me. Thank goodness! Truely like the pics, keep em coming. Oh and Please be safe, we all know what working on other systems is like sometimes.:beerchug:

TWOTONEVERT

I know how it is. I'm a substation operator. I'll post up some vids later on of me shutting the power lines down at night. Nice arching from them! Actually just got home from shutting a job down that took 10hrs to do. 345kv and 138kv. My company's working on getting a 765kv line up and going, that will be interesting.
Boy that would surely whirl a 1397 over.:laugh:

I thought missing with 480 and 460vac was scary. I got zapped once with 480vac. KNocked me out for a minute or so. It arched and went from one arm to the other.

Cool, what company do you work for?

I work for Utility Lines Construction (ULC). We are contracted to ITC and they own all the transmission lines in Michigan. Detroit Edison does the distribution on the east side of the state, and Consumers does the distribution on the west side. So being I'm on the transmission lines, I get to work the entire state.

Here is a vid that we made for 345kv bare hand training. 345,000 volts in the palm of our hands!
- Live Line Barehand MI[/url]

That is also the reason for my name: Raiden

Last edited by a moderator:
Back