its time to make some changes....

Good luck! If you never try, you'll always regret it. But definitely keep your current job until you absolutely have something else lined up. This is a bad time to be unemployed.

good luck, hope you make it
thumb_up.gif

thanks again everyone for the great words of encouragement!!! i figure if i dont get accepted then atleast i took the initiative to try!

Go for it....I just found out about 3 weeks ago that I didn't get accepted in the PD I was applying for....It has really put me in the dumps....I was drug along for 9 months only to find out I didn't get in...They still haven't informed me why I wasn't accepted (and I doubt that they will) but not knowing that information is going to keep me from applying to other PD's...I honestly don't think I can handle the waiting again. I t was like my life was on hold...because what if I scheduled a vacation...then out of the blue they call me and they want me to start while I was on vacation....Any way sorry to be such a downer...but Do what your heart tells you....

Take the test.
Brush up on reading comprehension, sentence structure, report/fact presentation, etc.
Take a run to book store and grab a manual on civil service test taking techniques.
We have spoken a few times about this, you will do well. Be focused and prepared for test first, then tackle rest of selection process as it comes along!
Good luck!

And if that dont work come to Charleston SC.. The North Charleston PD hires anyone with a clean record and sends them to a accadmey with pay.. I think the starting pay is 29 or 32 a year.. And they have a shoot first policy lol...

Best of luck my friend, new beginning's are on your way!
beerchug.gif

Back