It's the door

gurrera

Registered
I am so relieved...it's the door!

IT'S THE DOOR!!

Ever walk into a room with some purpose in mind, only to completely forget what that purpose was?

Turns out, the doors themselves are to blame for these strange memory lapses.

Psychologists at the University of Notre Dame have discovered that passing through a doorway triggers what's known as an event boundary in the mind, separating one set of thoughts and memories from the next.

Your brain files away the thoughts you had in the previous room and prepares a blank slate for the new locale.

So, it's not aging, it's the darn door!

Thank goodness for studies like this.

I was really getting scared!

Gurrera

I had a comment but I had to step away into the other room for a minute and when I came back, I couldn't remember what I was going to write... :laugh:

Do doors account for forgetting kids names, keys, flipping away from a channel then can't remember what you were watching etc. ??? That would be great cause these are daily issues for me these days. :banghead::banghead:

I can't remember names, never could. I can shake your hand and have you say Hi, I'm so and so. Before you finish saying that I would have forgotten your name. Never forget a face though. I actually write down what I going to do when I get up in the office because the forgetting why I walked over there is so bad. Don't you just love getting old?

It can't be the door. I lose thoughts just by getting off the couch to do whatever it is. There is NO WAY its............. WTH are we talking about?

Does it apply to the front curb too? As soon as my front wheels pass over my curb onto my driveway 2 or 3 things spring to mind that I should have picked up at the store.

Man I need a house with no doors at all in it. I thought something was wrong with me with all the forgetting things lately :laugh::laugh:

I never had a good memory.

I wood tie a string around my finger,to remind me of something, then forget why I did.

I had to wright thing down on small pieces of paper and put them in my pocket.

When I got home I would empty my pockets and see them

Now that I am older, I have a good excuse for being forgetful.

Every one tels me (that is the first thing to go)

Gurrera

= me :blonde:

door.jpg

Back