It does take the almighty to change a marine gunny's mind!

Dino

VERITAS - AEQUITAS
Donating Member
Registered
Did you hear the one about the old Marine veteran who asked the Commandant to return him to active duty and send him to Iraq?

Of course the Commandant refused, and told the old Marine he had served his time in combat and should relax and enjoyhis golden years.

The 'ole Gunny wasn't at all pleased, so he wrote the Secretary of the Navy with the same request. Back came the reply for him to enjoy his golden years, because Iraq was a young Marine's war and there was no place for him.

That really ****ed him off, so he wrote his congressman a long, heart wrenching letter explaining in great detail just why he felt he should be returned to active duty.

Back came the reply almost word for word, the same as the SecNav response.......

The 'ole Gunny was livid. He went down to the beach in Norfolk, VA and bought a rowboat, and vowing to get to Iraq one way or the other, he set out rowing his boat and singing the Marine Hymn...."

From the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli " ........... and off the rowed for Iraq.

Saint Peter had been watching this grizzled 'ole Gunny all the while, and was at first amused by it all but had grown increasingly concerned as the Gunny displayed his commitment to his objective. Saint Peter finally turned to God for advice on how to deal with this Gung Ho Gunny.

After hearing the saga unfold, God advised Saint Peter to be merciful and take the Gunny's brain, since that was the center of thought, and he would simply abandon the idea about getting to Iraq.

Now, having taken God's advice and removing the Gunny's brain, St. Peter observed little if any change in the Gunny's behavior. He continued to row his boat and sing at the top of his voice:

"From the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli , we will ".......

A little frustrated at the lack of results of his efforts, St. Peter turned again to his God and asked, "Now what?"

God said, "Well OK, take his heart, because not even a Marine can function without a heart. So, that should end it."

But when St. Peter had completed his task, and removed the Gunny's heart, he was again amazed that little if any change could be observed in the Gunny's behavior as he continued to row his boat and sing:

"From the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli, we will fight our country's battles...." at-the-top-of-his-voice.

Once again, St. Peter asked God for assistance with this unusual situation for which there seemed to be no solution.

This time God responded by suggesting that St. Peter should remove the Marine's testicles, since it's a well known fact that Marines can't function without their testicles. Otherwise, what would be the reason for Marines having the world wide reputation of having the balls to do the impossible?

Convinced this was the answer, St. Peter went to work and removed the 'ole Gunny's balls.

Again, St. Peter observed the Marine, this time with his balls, brains and heart removed, rowing in a never ending circle singing:

"Off we go, into the wild blue yonder."

:laugh:

:whistle: Sorry, being a member of the Marine Corps brotherhood, I can not comment on this because I would hate to offend those who have served in the Air Force.

Ever notice how the Air Force uniform so closely resembles the CampFire girls uniform.:poke:

Roooooaaaaarrr from an former A-10 TIGERSHARK Air Force guy! Next time you see the teeth on an A-10 thank about what you just wrote! O' yea 24 years just in case you needed more!

Bah! I heard that all marines start out in basic as an e-9, and depending on how stupid the recruits are as to how many stripes they take away. :laugh:

Yes, I was Air Force for 9 years. :beerchug:

Sorry guys. I am a frim believer that no branch is better than the rest. It takes all of us working and fighting together to achieve the common goal we have as a great nation.

I get asked all the time about the infighting between the services. I explain as Sibling Rivalry. We may poke fun or sometimes beat up on each other, but let an outsider come and try to join in. STAND THE F BACK. we get together and eliminate the outsider. This is our fun. You do not belong so run along.

To all those who have served, are serving or are getting ready to, THANK YOU for helping to make this the great nation that it is. With out your sacrifices we would not be free to express opinions or do what it is tha we do.

THANK YOU.

Sorry guys. I am a frim believer that no branch is better than the rest. It takes all of us working and fighting together to achieve the common goal we have as a great nation.

I get asked all the time about the infighting between the services. I explain as Sibling Rivalry. We may poke fun or sometimes beat up on each other, but let an outsider come and try to join in. STAND THE F BACK. we get together and eliminate the outsider. This is our fun. You do not belong so run along.

To all those who have served, are serving or are getting ready to, THANK YOU for helping to make this the great nation that it is. With out your sacrifices we would not be free to express opinions or do what it is tha we do.

THANK YOU.

Amen!

00.jpg

2932638_772_full.jpg

24cec1ef.jpg

chesty.jpg

Freedom_by_Misher.jpg

the_title.jpg

Green_USMC_by_red_sleeves.jpg

Red_USMC_by_red_sleeves.jpg

USMC.jpg

vietnamneverforgetsampleb127vf.jpg

00.jpg

2932638_772_full.jpg

24cec1ef.jpg

chesty.jpg

Freedom_by_Misher.jpg

the_title.jpg

Green_USMC_by_red_sleeves.jpg

Red_USMC_by_red_sleeves.jpg

USMC.jpg

vietnamneverforgetsampleb127vf.jpg

Until everyone serves, the country will continue a downward slide.
Security of our nation is the primary reason for the government to exist, not provide give away programs for people and businesses when they fail.

:peace:

Last edited:
I have never served. I have leg issues that prevented it. I do however enjoy the little jokes and stuff that the different branches say about each other. I KNOW that EACH and EVERY BRANCH of the military is important, and I think they have fun throwing those little snide comments to each other. I think it is all in fun. But like someone said earlier, when the time comes, they turn into one big fighting group and help each other!

Thanks to each and every one of you who are or have been in the military!

I have never served. I have leg issues that prevented it. I do however enjoy the little jokes and stuff that the different branches say about each other. I KNOW that EACH and EVERY BRANCH of the military is important, and I think they have fun throwing those little snide comments to each other. I think it is all in fun. But like someone said earlier, when the time comes, they turn into one big fighting group and help each other!

Thanks to each and every one of you who are or have been in the military!

When I went into the Corps I had a friend who wanted to so badly to go in. I honestly think he would have done anything humanly possible to go into the Marines.

But he had a pretty bad case of epilepsy and the military wouldnt take him. I often think back on him and how badly he wanted to go in.

It is sad that so many people who have some type of medical condition want to serve or would have served and cant. while so many that are fully able body can serve and dont want to.

Just a heads up to all you young people out there, the military is hurting for new recruits. they are not getting them.

Eventually if it gets bad enough they wont have any other choice than to re-enact the draft.

So you all might want to think about going in before that happens. and if the draft does happen, dont wait to get drafted, go in so you can choose what you do in the service, otherwise you will be put into which branch has the most need and that branch will place you where they need you most.

Just food for thought

Back