Is this normal

displacedone

Donating Member
Registered
Please skip the squid, newbie, etc. comments. This is my first bike and the only other bike I have ridden was the 250 they provided for the MSF class.
OK here is the question. When I shift into 1 from a stop it falls into gear really hard and I can feel the bike rock when this happens?
Is this normal?
Yes I am completly sqeezing the clutch.
I just had my 600 mile and I have a little ove 800 on her now. This has been present from the first day got my Busa but it seems like sometimes it is even harder.
Thanks for your input.
P.S. The search link is not working for me right now.

Its normal and the shifting will smooth out after more miles are put on your bike....1000-1500 and it should be alot better
wink.gif

Thanks for the reply. I was a little concerned. It just doesn't feel right to hit hard like that. It feels like my 73 Challenger did with an automatic when I would shift into drive and the whole a$$ would be pulled down toward the tires unless I had the 60psi or better in the real shocks. My first car and I blew that tranny 4 times with hard (read drag) launches. I have since learned more self control. I am glad to hear that this normal

Check your chain tension..If it's too loose it'll make it clunk harder.

Another stupid question. This is when steping down on shifter, stationary not trying to move at all. Shouldn't the chain be out of the equation?? I would think that with the clutch engaged that the act of shifting wouldn't put any stress on the chain. But as i have said I am new to cycles and I guess I am just trying to apply auto theory to bikes. I don't feel this in my Cobra when i put it into 1 at a light. At this point the drive shaft should be a non issue and I thought that the chain should be the same. I guess I will have to do a bunch more reading and start gettin "dirty" with Shelby and doing all my own service so I can get to know her better.

I've noticed , out of all the bikes I've owned , the Busa makes more clicks , clunks and rattles , than all the bikes put together . Anyone else noticed ?

Don't get me wrong ......I wouldn't trade it for the world .
smile.gif

Not sure of the engineering ifs and buts..i did notice whenever my chain is slack , shifting into first is clunky . Nothing to lose by checking it..

I've noticed , out of all the bikes I've owned , the Busa makes more clicks , clunks and rattles , than all the bikes put together . Anyone else noticed ?

Don't get me wrong ......I wouldn't trade it for the world .
smile.gif
+ 1..... i find the clucth rattles alot to.......

If your chain is loose you will notice this more...motorcycle trannies are different than cars
wink.gif

I've noticed , out of all the bikes I've owned , the Busa makes more clicks , clunks and rattles , than all the bikes put together . Anyone else noticed ? [/QUOTE]
Soo........you never driven a Harley???
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139265636 -->

mine still shifts hard.. into first.. maybe its a differnet issue..
usually when i am slowing down and maybe not mashing down on the first gear hard enough.. so if i try harder bamm..
if i try hard the first time. usually problem solved.. i ve got closet o 7K miles.. 2002 year model

I've noticed , out of all the bikes I've owned , the Busa makes more clicks , clunks and rattles , than all the bikes put together . Anyone else noticed ? [/QUOTE]

Yes, I have and still ride a SV650S and I have a busa. The thing makes all sorts of crazy little noises but I figure suzuki knows what its doing and I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. So i don't question it.

Soo........you never driven a Harley???
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]
+1 on the harley's. Ride '76 fatboy. would not notice avibration if there was one
tounge.gif

It's the dog bones in the trans. engaging, even if the bike is stationary when it engages the inertia from the fly wheel move the bike a little.

I was wondering the same. Sounds just like mine shifting into first, at a stop and rolling. Been like that for about 6k+ miles.
beerchug.gif

even my 4 wheeler i used to have jerked alittle when you put it in 1st , its a nice way of the bike trying to tell you stop being a pussy and GO ALEADY!!!! they dont like sitting still
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|camaro69_4542003
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140603793 -->

Back