Is this commander model right for my 09?

voodoolord

Registered
I just closed the deal on a PC3 model 339-411 and was wondering what the main differences were on the PC5 and the PC3 and if this model is good for the 09. I did check and am still reading up on the power commander but I figured input from you guys using them would be better info. Also will a Brocks system that fits an 05 fit my 09? Thanks for any input.

It's always a debate here, but most will tell you to use ECU Flash rather than a PC.

That 339-411 would be the correct PC for your bike. I believe the major differences between the PC3 and PC5 are the 5 controls all 8 injectors not just two so you can get a greater range of fuel control. The 5 should control timing as well, and you can buy an accessory for autotune. I have a PC3 I'll sell you cheap if you want one.

You'll have to cut your plastics a bit to the the Gen1 Brocks system to fit the Gen2.

From what I've read.! Frank at powerhouse(sponsor here) recommends flashing the ecu (removing and changing a few things) using ecu editor and then add PC and custom tune. The man has years of experience so, I followed his advice. I just need to get mine custom tuned with the PCV I just got!. Just my 2 cents.

From what I've read.! Frank at powerhouse(sponsor here) recommends flashing the ecu (removing and changing a few things) using ecu editor and then add PC and custom tune. The man has years of experience so, I followed his advice. I just need to get mine custom tuned with the PCV I just got!. Just my 2 cents.

Me too. voodoo, Dynojet improved on the PC3 with the release of the PC5. FWIW, I have the PC5 on my 09 (and also had it on my old 08)

In fact, their site lists the PC5 as the correct application for the Gen2 Busa: Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

So Im on the right track then. I was planning on getting the ecu flashed first then tuning with the PC when I get a exhaust. How much and which plastic needs to be cut out for the brocks? What do you consider a good deal on your PC3?

if you're looking to buy the ECU Flashing Interface, I have a used kit for sale (except for the $8.00 bike harness): ECU Flashing

ecuharnesses.jpg

Unless you get the sidewinder exhaust you will not need to cut plastics. Been running a PC3 on my '08 for 4 years. You can load a base map until you have it tuned.

Not a tuner don't know chit, well except my bike has been running a brocks base map for 4 years and 32K miles :whistle:

Back