Is this a good price for a Busa?

BoiseBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I have the opportunity to purchase an 04 Busa with about 8500 miles on it. It's never been dropped and looks clean. The price is about $6500 He has Yoshi 4-1 exhaust, and power commander 2. He is also the original owner.
This looks like a great deal, but I thought I would ask your opinions. Should I try to talk him down a bit (if so, how much?) or does this sound reasonable? Thank you all for your help, I'll let you know what happens!

-Nick

How are the tires?  Does the chain/sprockets look in good shape?  Those two things will tell you a lot about how the bike was taken care of.  He is probably trying to dump the bike before the '08 comes out.  A lot of people are doing this, fearing that their bike will be worth nothing when it happens.  I bought my 05 brand new for 9400 otd.  Don't figure in the cost of aftermarket parts into the price of a used bike either.  I would say that $6500 is top dollar for an 04.  If you can wait until the new '08 comes out (June 27 @5:30pm Vegas time), there will be a lot of used busa's for sale if it does infact change.

(300Busa @ May 31 2007,11:11) How are the tires? Does the chain/sprockets look in good shape? Those two things will tell you a lot about how the bike was taken care of. He is probably trying to dump the bike before the '08 comes out. A lot of people are doing this, fearing that their bike will be worth nothing when it happens. I bought my 05 brand new for 9400 otd. Don't figure in the cost of aftermarket parts into the price of a used bike either. I would say that $6500 is top dollar for an 04. If you can wait until the new '08 comes out (June 27 @5:30pm Vegas time), there will be a lot of used busa's for sale if it does infact change.
Thanks! What do you think the mid and low price range would be? I might wait the month until the 08 comes out, but I've really got a bad itch for a new bike
cool.gif
This at least gives me a way to bargain with him.

-Nick

A quick look at the Kelly Blue Book shows retail at $8050 and trade-in value at $5580. Your mileage may vary...
all_coholic.gif

I sold my STOCK 02 with 52,ooo miles on it for $5,ooo here in SoCal.

(Gunnybusa @ May 31 2007,14:21) I sold my STOCK 02 with 52,ooo miles on it for $5,ooo here in SoCal.
<span style='color:blue'>If I could find a Busa close by and in excellent shape for around $5k, I'd be all over it...</span>

(BoiseBusa @ May 31 2007,14:30)
(Gunnybusa @ May 31 2007,14:21) I sold my STOCK 02 with 52,ooo miles on it for $5,ooo here in SoCal.
<span style='color:blue'>If I could find a Busa close by and in excellent shape for around $5k, I'd be all over it...</span>
That 04 has some low mileage. Seems a pretty good price to me, as long as it's clean all the way around.

(GSXcite @ May 31 2007,15:30) Price seems good to me. +1 on looking at the tires and chain.
And title , and plastics , and bottom of pegs , and behind the fairings.

Don't forget to check under the rear fender for rubber splatter.
If you find this it means he did some unnecessary burn outs.

race.gif

I was looking at a ZX14 yesterday at a dealer and they offered me $6k for my '03 with 4200 miles on it if I paid MSRP for the ZX14 plus $500 assembly / title transfer.

It's been owned since new by me. Oil changed every year. Hindle 4-2-1 oval exhaust with a K&N filter and Power Commander.

I was amazed at being offered $6k for it as a trade-in. From the sounds of it in this thread, they're not worth as much used as I'd hope.

<span style='color:blue'>
(InsertOriginalNameHere @ May 31 2007,17:03) I was looking at a ZX14 yesterday at a dealer and they offered me $6k for my '03 with 4200 miles on it if I paid MSRP for the ZX14 plus $500 assembly / title transfer.
Yeah, trade in for the 04 is about $5500... (On kbb) I have looked at the bike and it does have a new rear tire, I will have to check out the chain, sprockets and above the back tire. I didn't even think about checking under the fairing, should I actually have him pull it off?

From what I've read on this thread, it sounds like he is a little high on the price. Should I offer $6k and see if he bites? Or should I go lower than that?
Thanks again, I appreciate your assistance!

-Nick</span>

MAN hold onto your 03 trade that dude in for a new 08 in a couple months.

If you get rid of it now and they come out all new like they should you'll be sick.

(Gunnybusa @ May 31 2007,14:34)
(BoiseBusa @ May 31 2007,14:30)
That 04 has some low mileage. Seems a pretty good price to me, as long as it's clean all the way around.
+1
super.gif

He is probably a member too
rock.gif
I know that if its been taken care of! It would be snapped up by the custom nuts here or closer to Orlando. They are still bringing good $$ here and there are lots on the road.
beerchug.gif

Back