Is there an upgrade for these?

bigboy

Registered
Is there a lightweight replacement for this case and the plate underneath the bracket?

20240328_172835.jpg

You could always just order titanium ones. They make that entire tank bracket out of carbon fiber too.

Just get the size of the bolts and you can order titanium bolts from anywhere. I’d try pro-bolt. But some of the titanium guys should know better.

So I believe Alif is working on a carbon fiber one too but ed Johnson motorsports has some. He’s on instagram.

IMG_0668.jpeg

Here is a review someone posted online of the one from johnsonmotorsports.

View attachment 1681160
Yeah I message him now as we speak. This is DEFINITELY a WIN for weight savings. Losing a pound is getting Hella expensive. Now I'm looking at lightweight kickstand brackets and kickstand itself. BUT since it's a load bearing I'm wondering what materials are safe to be put on constant pressure

The chase for weight savings on a heavy bike will be an expensive one and in the end, you will still be heavier than the liter bikes of which the owners are doing the same thing.....

.........but it seems like a fun hobby.........
Oh yeah I absolutely agree it will still be heavier and yes it's very very expensive. The motivation for me is having MY perfect bike.

A legendary bulletproof inexpensive platform (like the motor) it's going to be
Super comfortable
Aerodynamic
Long gas tank range
Lightweight
Excellent brakes
Suspension
Ergonomics
Flickability
220+ horsepower
Great top end stability
Time tested reliability.

All other Superbikes are either uncomfortable, unreliable, small range, Overly expensive, or all of the above.

Oh yeah I absolutely agree it will still be heavier and yes it's very very expensive. The motivation for me is having MY perfect bike.

A legendary bulletproof inexpensive platform (like the motor) it's going to be
Super comfortable
Aerodynamic
Long gas tank range
Lightweight
Excellent brakes
Suspension
Ergonomics
Flickability
220+ horsepower
Great top end stability
Time tested reliability.

All other Superbikes are either uncomfortable, unreliable, small range, Overly expensive, or all of the above.
This is why we are on this forum as we all agree on this....even the ones who jumped ship and went another direction (for the most part)....

In the end you have to be happy with what you have and nobody can take that away from you.

This is why we are on this forum as we all agree on this....even the ones who jumped ship and went another direction (for the most part)....

In the end you have to be happy with what you have and nobody can take that away from you.
Yeah I thought about each bike H2 ZX14,Fireblade, s1000rr, Rsv4 Ect ect. In the end this route is better in all aspects for a street machine. While other guys are spending 8k on an exhaust for a $40k Ducati that still burns their ass and hurts their back and is unreliable I'll be chilling with fully capable sleeper comfortable and cool as a cucumber riding for miles with a 6 gallon tank lol.

Yeah I thought about each bike H2 ZX14,Fireblade, s1000rr, Rsv4 Ect ect. In the end this route is better in all aspects for a street machine. While other guys are spending 8k on an exhaust for a $40k Ducati that still burns their ass and hurts their back and is unreliable I'll be chilling with fully capable sleeper comfortable and cool as a cucumber riding for miles with a 6 gallon tank lol.
Hi. Carbon frame and swingarm. Ti brake pistons. I did Some aluminum bolts in the motor and cases. I did Ti drive chans. I have. Ti clutch pusher I have.

Back