Is there a Mortgage atty in the house who can advise on Chase mortgage modification

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
:please:

Anyone ?

We applied one yr ago for mortgage modification.
Only supposed to make 3 trial payments. If we met that agreement than Chase was supposed to assist.
We made 12 trial payments and without an underwriter ever calling us they have sent us a new 'take it or leave it'
modification.

Chase I repeat Chase offered us originally a "principle reduction with modification" but now recieving papers they say we did not provide proper paperwork in time and 'take this or not' .

Their offer is fair but not what we signed up for.
I halfway feel like mailing them the keys instead of the signed agreement.

I just need someone deeply and uniquely familiar with mortgages and these types of new offers going around who can help us.

Thank you.

Re: Is there a Mortgage atty in the house who can advise on Chase mortgage modificati

Wish I could help, best of luck either way:thumbsup:

Re: Is there a Mortgage atty in the house who can advise on Chase mortgage modificati

I'll be fine. I will strip this house naked and move out and Chase can have yet another worthless home on their hands but I dont want to do that as both of my kids were born here.
It has special meaning to us.
It is just after a yr of jumping thru their hoops all things seem to have changed.
If you check Badazzbusa thread you can see why the value of my home has plummeted.
In one yr we have lost over 45% of the value in the assessments.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/132155-wtf-wrong-people.html
They widened the road and killed our value.....just gone without anything.
And yes I looked into the 'immenent domain' laws.
Does not apply to first 15ft which is what they took !

:please:

Anyone ?

We applied one yr ago for mortgage modification.
Only supposed to make 3 trial payments. If we met that agreement than Chase was supposed to assist.
We made 12 trial payments and without an underwriter ever calling us they have sent us a new 'take it or leave it'
modification.

Chase I repeat Chase offered us originally a "principle reduction with modification" but now recieving papers they say we did not provide proper paperwork in time and 'take this or not' .

Their offer is fair but not what we signed up for.
I halfway feel like mailing them the keys instead of the signed agreement.

I just need someone deeply and uniquely familiar with mortgages and these types of new offers going around who can help us.

Thank you.

This is the bailout in action, Saiid. :(

Basically, they don't "need" you as a customer as they once did and they can once again flex their corporate muscle. If they were still desperate for your business just to stay in business themselves, they wouldn't be treating you like this.

Whether they needed the bailout money or not, they are fat-cats with no consequences for their actions... and they know it.

Thank you government. :banghead:

Best of luck brother!

This is the bailout in action, Saiid. :(

Basically, they don't "need" you as a customer as they once did and they can once again flex their corporate muscle. If they were still desperate for your business just to stay in business themselves, they wouldn't be treating you like this.

Whether they needed the bailout money or not, they are fat-cats with no consequences for their actions... and they know it.

Thank you government. :banghead:

Best of luck brother!

I did not need it .
They offered it.
Who would not want a lower mortgage payment ?
but as you say last yr after I made the 3rd payment interest rates were low and they were desperate to help so again hey why not ?
Now a yr later I just had to email them the docs which are no longer on their site showing THEY offered a principle reduction.
At first the underwriter almost called me crazy "we have never offered any principle reductions, sir !"
'Uh excuse me ? whats your email address sweety?'
She gives it to me. I email her docs while still on phone.
Her response
"Uh let me do some research and get back to you"
:rofl:
Meanwhile I have 8 days to accept the 'take it or leave it' new deal ?

Home is in wifes name not mine.
It is a buyers market.
We can walk away (yes a foreclosure is no good on your credit) but.....aw frick it ! I dont care..I give up !
Little guy gets hosed again.

On top of that since we have been making 'trial' payments and not full payments wifes bureau shows her 9 times late by 30 days.
In other words it looks like she has not paid mortgage in 9 months !!!
Beacon dropped over 150 points !
Again this was never told to us ! NEVER NOT ONCE !

Get an attorney specializing in modifications and short sales. Once the attorney is on-board, start the official modification. They can't forclose during that process.

Try Charles Malki in Boynton........

Thanks poppy .
What sucks is I am getting ready to travel next week and really don't have time to fool with this . I told them that and asked for an ext of the May 26th deadline for return but they declined that also .

no offense man cuz your cool and all

but you signed up for that house note, sucks that it devalued so much so quickly, but nonetheless you bought into it fair and square

we ***** about people riding the system and this is no diff. if you balk then "we" end up paying for it, and if you "gut" the house you're no better then any thief........

???

your asking chase who asks the gov't to help lower your house note? is that basically correct?

suffice to say maybe a set of $1500+ wheels was better invested elsewhere.......

Last edited:

Racer_X no offense taken but understand Chase came to me .
I never asked them for help , not once .

Now after making the trial payments and nine more which I wasn't supposed to and after jumping thru every hoop they made me jump thru they are the ones changing the deal not me .
So ask yourself in any deal you make with anyone if you held up your end and did your part and the other party began to screw you how would you feel yourself ?

That's why I'm pissed .
Patiently waiting and obeying , never getting a call from said person who was supposed to discuss and help you just get in mail a 'take it or leave it' type deal .

I think all would be a little miffed , no ?

And yes flip side is , say you buy a home that triples in value and then sell it are you gonna share the profits with mortgage holder ?
NO . So I can't really complain about the falling value .
But again Chase came to me saying 'we realize your home is not worth what it once was , can we help you ?'

Reason is this was time when folks were just walking away and Chase wanted to plug that hole . So they actively sought out ones who's value had dropped and came to them/us .

I made every payment in full and could have since we applied .
They came to us with the offer and now don't want to hold up their end .

I cannot tell you how many times I had to send this or that to them .
Toward the end it got ridiculous . Daily they would call and request this or that.
I gave them everything .
I truly believe they did not expect us to make good on every request .

Am I gonna walk away ? No , not in my nature . I will accept my fate good or bad and nobody else will bear these burdens I can promise you that . Money is not an issue and Blanca needed those wheels ! :laugh:

Last edited:

oh ok, i understand now........i was misunderstanding

i guess the old addage comes to mind

there is no such thing as a free lunch.......

best o luck.

Blanca - get an attorney and figure it out. Sounds like a messy situation and you need a third party to advise you.

I agree is doesn't sound very fair, but no business out there is out looking after you - they are all looking after themselves. You need to watch out for #1.

:rofl: sure. uh-huh.

This is a simple problem to solve, you think it's all wrong - buy your house with cash.
Cash is fraud too. A fact you might glean if you read the material. :;):

I realize this is hindsight...but the term CYA comes to mind. After your 3rd payment was processed you should have been on the phone with Chase getting things completed. Never wait for a big business to hold up their end of the deal. When we were going through our mortgage app a year ago I was either on the phone or communicating via email every business day with my loan officer. Not once did she ever seem offended, she worked on commission just like the realtor so it's in a loan officers best interest to take care of you. Sounds like you got someone who really didn't follow up well or possibly got lost in the shuffle of what was likely thousands of cases just like yours. Either way, lesson learned and next time CYA. Best of luck with the atty situation and make darn sure you dig up every single piece of correspondence from Chase starting from day 1 regarding this "deal" they offered you because without it you'll likely lose your case. If you're successful in getting the loan modified then you need to write Chase a letter requesting that the late payments be removed from any credit bureau they were reported to which will recoup the 150 points lost so long as there aren't any other dings since that time.

I realize this is hindsight...but the term CYA comes to mind. After your 3rd payment was processed you should have been on the phone with Chase getting things completed. Never wait for a big business to hold up their end of the deal. When we were going through our mortgage app a year ago I was either on the phone or communicating via email every business day with my loan officer. Not once did she ever seem offended, she worked on commission just like the realtor so it's in a loan officers best interest to take care of you. Sounds like you got someone who really didn't follow up well or possibly got lost in the shuffle of what was likely thousands of cases just like yours. Either way, lesson learned and next time CYA. Best of luck with the atty situation and make darn sure you dig up every single piece of correspondence from Chase starting from day 1 regarding this "deal" they offered you because without it you'll likely lose your case. If you're successful in getting the loan modified then you need to write Chase a letter requesting that the late payments be removed from any credit bureau they were reported to which will recoup the 150 points lost so long as there aren't any other dings since that time.

I cannot tell you how many times I called even before the 3 mos was up.
100s.
Just got off phone and finally got Chase to admit there was Principle mods offered but we were declined due to lack of paperwork not submitted. I asked to speak to one who made decision.
When she got on phone she said all paperwork was in order...:banghead:
I asked her for the 'net price analysis' which is document they must use according to federal law to evaluate whether or not a mod is better for them than a foreclosure. She did not have it nor could produce it.
It is time for an atty as I have run out of time to fool with it.

You gotta put it in writing Saiid, send certified return receipt requested and document EVERYTHING.

I cannot tell you how many times I called even before the 3 mos was up.
100s.
Just got off phone and finally got Chase to admit there was Principle mods offered but we were declined due to lack of paperwork not submitted. I asked to speak to one who made decision.
When she got on phone she said all paperwork was in order...:banghead:
I asked her for the 'net price analysis' which is document they must use according to federal law to evaluate whether or not a mod is better for them than a foreclosure. She did not have it nor could produce it.
It is time for an atty as I have run out of time to fool with it.

Doubt an attorney is going to be able to do much without the needed documents, sounds like this has been mostly done "word of mouth" over the phone. Persistence may be your best ally at this point Saiid. Annoy the crud out of them until they take care of it....have the Cuban Dragon get on the horn as well and yank someone's chain!!

You gotta put it in writing Saiid, send certified return receipt requested and document EVERYTHING.

Excellent advice Keith!!

1 inch of paperwork over the last yr. I have everything.
The Dragon doesnt have the patience. They hung up on her...:rofl:

mort papers.jpg

Back