Is my thinking correct?

Amelio

Registered
i am going to get some new tires in the next few weeks.....while the wheels are off I am gonna go ahead and have them polished....I want to go up 3 teeth in the rear. I am also gonna get some Soupy's adjustable links since my bike is stretched it sits a bit high just wanna drop it about an inch in the rear.

Here is what I am thinking......when I lower it will that kick the rear tire out more which would put more tension on the chain? Also since I want to go up 3 teeth in the rear how much bigger of a sprocket is that? That will also make my chain too tight correct? I do have extension blocks so I figure I can just move the tire forward to get the correct amount of chain tension instead of buying a new chain.

Does this make sense????

It does make sense, and I dont think you will need to buy a new chain, but you will have to move it forward like you discussed. I had to loosen my chain when I raised it back up from 2 low.

ok great! can anyone reccomend a rear sprocket that is good and priced decent. The stock rear is a 42 I believe so I think I wanna go to a 45.

ok great! can anyone reccomend a rear sprocket that is good and priced decent. The stock rear is a 42 I believe so I think I wanna go to a 45.

Give a shout out to Pashnit....I just got a sproket/chain kit from him at a killer price. He has the silver link but I suggest going for the gold oring chain for sure!

Give a shout out to Pashnit....I just got a sproket/chain kit from him at a killer price. He has the silver link but I suggest going for the gold oring chain for sure!

He doesn't want a chain/sprocket kit....

He asked about just going with a rear sprocket and what everyone's recommendation is

He doesn't want a chain/sprocket kit....

He asked about just going with a rear sprocket and what everyone's recommendation is

Unless you're doin track days ....stock is the best...power vs drivability...stock dude....you wanna talk drag...then thats 2 different stories!

Back