Is it possible?

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
. . . but still manage to crack the motor? I'm certainly no mechanic, but it sounds like a little harder than a gently lay down is required to do that. My bike has had a gentle lay over, but didn't damage the engine. Just curious what you guys thought of this eBay auction. <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4549129922&category=50030">Easy with the Busa<a>

That bike is bad shape. Wonder how long it ran on its side with no oil in it..Run!! Run like the wind!!!

81 miles?? Gawd I love newbie riders who think they can handle a 'Busa ...

Very low reserve? It's at $4500+ and still hasn't met the reserve...what's a new engine cost?
rock.gif

Does a 500+ lb bike ever lay down gently?
wink.gif

That bike is bad shape. Wonder how long it ran on its side with no oil in it..Run!! Run like the wind!!!
I'm not sure what the folks that have bid on it are wanting to get it for? On top of the auction price they will be paying for whatever the reconstruction on the engine costs. Maybe they are hoping it will stay low and they can get it cheap and go turbo, but they still need a working engine first. Who knows? Glad its not me looking!

Very low reserve?  It's at $4500+ and still hasn't met the reserve...what's a new engine cost?  
rock.gif

Does a 500+ lb bike ever lay down gently?  
wink.gif
It does, but only with help.
What?  A king-sized mattress to catch it?!  I've dropped my Busa "gingerly" 3 times (remember, before I lowered it) and never damaged anything beyond the plastics...

I'd be suspect of that Busa...
Exactly!

I would not buy it without a first hand inspection. There sure are alot of Busas on Ebay though...like 27 right now.
smile.gif

Even if they totally changed the Busa for next year I wont feel too bad because I have 6 years worth of bikes to choose from for parts if I ever need any.
smile.gif

smile.gif

I would not buy it without a first hand inspection.      There sure are alot of Busas on Ebay though...like 27 right now.
smile.gif

Even if they totally changed the Busa for next year I wont feel too bad because I have 6 years worth of bikes to choose from for parts if I ever need any.
smile.gif
LOL

Is mine on there yet?
laugh.gif

No one wants to steal a pic of mine and post it up...I'm starting to NOT feel the love here...
tounge.gif

smile.gif

that bike rocks besides the engine crack/scrape. you could easily weld that back, i would find a way to inspect the inerds also.

I would never buy a bike off eBay without seeing it or knowing the owner. With this one you just don't know what else is wrong without inspecting it. And that disclaimer of 'gently laid down' just doesn't fit with causing a crack on the motor!

VA, we wouldn't know which picture to use of Caesar! The real ones or the 'Barbie' ones!
laugh.gif

I would never buy a bike off eBay without seeing it or knowing the owner.  With this one you just don't know what else is wrong without inspecting it.  And that disclaimer of 'gently laid down' just doesn't fit with causing a crack on the motor!

VA, we wouldn't know which picture to use of Caesar!  The real ones or the 'Barbie' ones!
laugh.gif
There is no, I repeat NO "Michelle sanctioned" pic of a Barbie Busa...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I would never buy a bike off eBay without seeing it or knowing the owner.  With this one you just don't know what else is wrong without inspecting it.  And that disclaimer of 'gently laid down' just doesn't fit with causing a crack on the motor!

VA, we wouldn't know which picture to use of Caesar!  The real ones or the 'Barbie' ones!
laugh.gif
There is no, I repeat NO "Michelle sanctioned" pic of a Barbie Busa...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ain't no way it was a gentle laydown. Take a look at the scratch pattern on the fender, upper cowling and exhaust. That doesn't seem to suggest a simple lay-down. That poor baby slid...and hit something. Albeit perhaps it was a slow slide, but she has enough weight on her to do the damage.

And there ain't no way that the case is gonna get cracked. It doesn't even stick out past the other cover! How on earth can you do that? I smell somthin.....fishy. How come no pics of the plastics? And how come no up close of the tail section side that went down?

I've dropped my baby before....and it was gentle. I think I popped my rotator cuff tryin to hold her up, but it was worth it. I don't have NEARLY as much crunched stuff as that one.

I call bull on this one....

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116351870 -->

Pac is right it slide on its side and hit something (pot hole maybe?) with that cover and that caused the case to crack. I parted out a Honda F4i that cracked the case around the stator cover when it was layed down.
smile.gif

"Gentle Lay Down" is a relative term. If one of the Knievel's was who was riding it when it went down, that looks like a fairly GENTLE LAY DOWN compared to most of the bikes that they have laid down in the past....
face7.gif

I agree with Pac. No way that a gentle laydown would crack a motor.

Back