Is a 2008 heavier than 2002? I think YES!!

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Ok, so my 02 has twin yosh pipes on it. The 08 is all stock. I can't even push the 08 into the garage,even with bracing my knee against the side panels to help push.

Yday I was trying to get it rocking back and forth to get it rolling, but couldn't do it.

My 02 I can roll pretty easily on my paved driveway. Is the exhaust on the 08 THAT heavy to make that much of a difference? And please,no replies with walking it in gear! Not happening!

For reference, I am female, 5'4 120 lbs.

Ok, so my 02 has twin yosh pipes on it. The 08 is all stock. I can't even push the 08 into the garage,even with bracing my knee against the side panels to help push.

Yday I was trying to get it rocking back and forth to get it rolling, but couldn't do it.

My 02 I can roll pretty easily on my paved driveway. Is the exhaust on the 08 THAT heavy to make that much of a difference? And please,no replies with walking it in gear! Not happening!

Simple solution, its only two words.... Weight room ;) lol j/k!

It's a little heavier but not that much different. My next recommendation would be to CHECK YOUR TIRE PSI. You might have a flat... ;)

are you married?

And people wonder why the Gen1's are SO MUCH FASTER!! :laugh:

But seriously....maybe you have some brakes dragging on the '08? That or the bearings aren't up to snuff...axle overtightened..... ?? Just throwing ideas out there.

And people wonder why the Gen1's are SO MUCH FASTER!! :laugh:

But seriously....maybe you have some brakes dragging on the '08? That or the bearings aren't up to snuff...axle overtightened..... ?? Just throwing ideas out there.
x2
overtightened and/or extremely dry chain?

One way to check a few things....put the Gen 2 on front and rear stands and spin the wheels. If they ain't spinning for shid....you got problems. Brakes dragging you'll hear, overtightened axle you won't but you won't hear brakes dragging like crazy either yet the wheel won't get much revo before it stops dead in it's tracks. You could cheat and pull the calipers then spin the wheel and see how it goes, but that would take all the fun out of it! :laugh: Seriously, put it up on stands and it should clue you in real quick as to what's going on.

Is it possible that it's just " new" with very low kilometers on it( 8,000) and it's just ' tight" . Harder to roll...? I mean, I can hardly budge the beast!

Again, I am NOT doing the 'walk it in gear thing! But ,thanks.....

i think the cans alone make it feel bulkier. mine feels heavier than my previous 01' so i can empathize a bit but eventually you get used to the bike.

Back