iPhone fell off Busa on highway and survived!

stangman327 said:
Inovative...I like it.
Tell me what is the lever under the horn?

Secret weapon to vaporize slow traffic....... ;-)

Really, it's a Gp Tech rear thumb brake. Tons of uses

1. Stand up wheelies on rear pegs
2. setting suspension when entering turns
3. Controls rear wheel spin when exiting turns
4. Control wheel spin on launch
5. Control wheelie on launch
6. Trail braking to scrub speed
7. Effective rear braking no matter what body position
8. Make people ask question :-) J/K!

DetroitBusa said:
Care to share what you did? I have been trying to find a way I like to attach my otterboxed iPhone to my bike.

Need:
Go pro mount. Best buy or target
2 small zip ties
Otter box belt clip
3000lb plastic epoxy Home depot

Take your otter box belt clip and cut off this part

image-1767058807.jpg

Carefully Cut it off with a pair of wire cutters here one side is easily accessible

image-3409846355.jpg

Should look like this when done

image-2578406638.jpg

Now take one GoPro camera mount available at best buy in the $21 grab bag

image-130658035.jpg

Remove the nut and Cut the plastic portion off the Gopro mount that housed the nut off so it will fit between the otter box mounting tabs

image-2690539134.jpg

See what needs cut off....

image-502795360.jpg

Zip tie the Gopro mount to the otter box like this

image-1767058807.jpg

image-3409846355.jpg

image-2578406638.jpg

image-130658035.jpg

image-2690539134.jpg

image-502795360.jpg

*note I'm not cutting my Gopro mount cause it's my camera mount. Ignore uncut section in next step. Yours should be cut to fit*

Zip tie mount to otter box

image-3393370156.jpg

Yours will fit better!

Cut off zip tie ends

image-3186461170.jpg

Should look like this now

image-3972372963.jpg

Now take it to your bike. Pick a mounting spot. Paying attention to which direction the Gopro mount releases, make sure you can remove it. Make sure everything is clear when steering. Decide if u want to mount landscape or portrait. Angled or more flat. Once you have an ideal of your positioning. Go mix a small batch of plastic epoxy. Sparingly put a lil epoxy on the plastic at the intersection points of the go pro mount and the otter box holder. Let it sit about 2 mins, go verify your positioning cause this is the last point you can change things.

If everything is cool mix more plastic epoxy. In a layering fashion smother the area between the otter box and Gopro mount. Be careful not to let the epoxy run onto the Gopro mounting arms or the otter box swivel.

After everything dries wrap a lil black tape around the epoxy just for looks and go mount to your bike :-)

image-1312307047.jpg

image-3142036087.jpg

image-3896602461.jpg

My mount had to be at this angle so I could access the tabs for removal

image-1553260499.jpg

Hope this helps!!!!!!

image-3393370156.jpg

image-3186461170.jpg

image-3972372963.jpg

image-1312307047.jpg

image-3142036087.jpg

image-3896602461.jpg

image-1553260499.jpg

My nokia went flying once and before i could pick it up a car went over it . I then picked it up , cleaned it , put the back cover and battery inside , started it and rode. :whistle: But an iphone surviving a crash is a miracle with all that glass.

Mracer, you are my hero. I am doing this tomorrow! I have been trying to figure out a good mount for some time now.

DetroitBusa said:
Mracer, you are my hero. I am doing this tomorrow! I have been trying to figure out a good mount for some time now.

Plan well and take your time! You will love it!

A buddy dropped his brand new Iphone whem they first came out, I made sure id didnt survive.:laugh:

Busa-1
Iphone-0

otter box's are amazing i watched my buddy drop one out of his jeep and go back and pick it up and be perfect

My nokia went flying once and before i could pick it up a car went over it . I then picked it up , cleaned it , put the back cover and battery inside , started it and rode. :whistle: But an iphone surviving a crash is a miracle with all that glass.

Yea I pretty much figured it was done but since I seen it I seen it roll to the side of the rode I figured it was worth a try. I do have a small chip and I mean very small chip on the back left corner, it's so small I didn't even notice it until later because it's so small.

otter box's are amazing i watched my buddy drop one out of his jeep and go back and pick it up and be perfect

I purchased my first Otterbox from the AT&T store for $60 when I first got my iPhone and about 2 months later I broke the clip so I purchased another one from Amazon for $20 (this shows how much the retail stores mark the prices up). Now I had 2 cases and one clip so I just put the other case away. Good thing I saved the old case so now I can reuse it.

All this discussion about how to properly mount an iphone when it's clear that your bike was telling you something, it prefers Android! :rofl:

mvansomeren said:
All this discussion about how to properly mount an iphone when it's clear that your bike was telling you something, it prefers Android! :rofl:

LOL it would've probably "locked-up or "crashed" if it were an Android OS".

I ended up using a helmet go pro mount on my otter box clip. I am very happy with how it turned out. I'll try and get some pictures up in a little bit.

Back