Introducing mahagony

I absolutely HATE woodgrain in cars, and even less on this bike. But to each their own. Definately an A for originality though.:thumbsup:

Should've stopped at the front fender emblem. That doesn't belong on a sportbike.

it looks good! maybe a different color combo with the wood, may make it pop some more

right now the dark wood and the dark paint make it well..... ... DARK!!

Definitely Different! I wouldn't mind some woodgrain around my gauge cluster (if my bike was all black)... Oh so Luxurious!

Good god don't know what I dislike the most this or the fat albert busa!!!! YUCK....but I know it was alot of $$ and probably done very nicely:thumbsup:

Got a few better pictures. Like it or love it, it turns heads like you wouldn't believe. Everyone who has seen it has been blown away. But it is different.

DSCN3746.jpg

DSCN3747.jpg

DSCN3752.jpg

DSCN3758.jpg

DSCN3749.jpg

Last edited:
I like the way the work came out. Must have been alot of work to get some of those part's done. I'am trying to think of what color paint on the rest of the bike would go better with the dark woodgrain. The plastic's are just the wrong color and it's too early in the morning to try and come up with any idea's. Maybe something like a pearl white or a med blue so it don't have a dark color to match the black in the woodgrain pattern. But with woodgrain decal's. Nice lever's, I have the same one's on my 04. Good luck with your project. I was just looking at it again, doing the frame would tie in the front and rear of the bike and make it look not so random. It would flow better from front to rear.

Last edited:
Very creative and different. Personally too much all in one spot. I do agree a lighter color may look better for the bike with the dark wood. All that maters is you like it. Is that the same process they do for the carbon fiber look? More details.

I say to each his own, but that combo is not for me. Why did you decide to go with the wood theme?

BMW5

I'm sure it got attention....
I'm not feeling it, but it looks as if the quality of work is high, and it's definitely unique.....

Now that is awesome! I love to look at unique bikes, this is definitely one I admire.

That's the kind of bike to trailer to bike events, ride down the strip and get it back on the trailer before it gets scratched.

:bowdown:

Liked the Gixer that was dipped much better...That wood look is fantastic...but for my eye it doesn't work on the black Busa...wrong color combo for my taste. But what it does do for us all, and thank you for this, it is an illustration of what can be done to all of the little parts or big parts we want to give a different look to. So, my friend, thanks for taking your bike and using it as a template for us to imagine what is possible...2hip

OK, a few responses in order of comments received:

That's the kind of bike to trailer to bike events, ride down the strip and get it back on the trailer before it gets scratched.
Thanks, Black Sheep. I suppose it would last longer this way, but I ride. I already have 9,000 miles on it and have a nmber of trips planned for next year. :cheerleader:

not my cup of tea..........
bikes were meant to be ridden not for posers IMO, anyhow enjoy your "toy"
While I fully respect the fact that many of you have different tastes and do not care for this concept, I find comments like this a bit arrogant. Only I get to decide what my bike is meant for, as long as the check clears. Secondly, your comment is very presumptuous to begin with. I never wrote that I do not ride my bike. Just because a bike has chrome or a nice paint job does not mean it can't be ridden. Case in point.....My 2001 Busa was a show bike also, winning numerous awards, and was used in several ICON ads. Yet, I road the crap out of it putting more than 50,000 miles on it. So just because I invest significant money in cosmetic mods, as well as, performance mods, doesn't mean I don't ride it. NEVER ASSUME!

All that maters is you like it. Is that the same process they do for the carbon fiber look? More details.
Yes, same process. It's not a wrap, it is a paint dipping process that can produce some cool graphics. :beerchug:

Maybe something like a pearl white or a med blue so it don't have a dark color to match the black in the woodgrain pattern.
Mike, I originally wanted to do this with a Blue 2008, and still may eventually switch or paint the plastics. But one day I was sitting in my SUV and I realized that the interior was charcoal gray with a bunch of burl wood accents. I like that look, so figured I would like it on the gray Busa....and I do like it.

Should've stopped at the front fender emblem. That doesn't belong on a sportbike.
GM, don't forget to say in your humble opinion. It has been my trademark for a few years now and has made its way into a number of magazines and newspapers. Yup its different, but so am I.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I respect and appreciate all opinions....positive or negative. I pity those few who don't have the home training or can't find the vocabulary to criticize something without unnecessary insults. There are a lot of respectful ways to say you don't care for something without attempting to put people down. People were a lot nicer before the internet came along. :lol:

Back