Internet is bad PART4

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I been saying it. You all know I have been preaching it. More and more the "Smart people" [scientists] are getting a clue. Maybe *I* should get a nobel prize too, huh?

Excite News - Scientists ask: Is technology rewiring our brains?

"When the brain spends more time on technology-related tasks and less time exposed to other people, it drifts away from fundamental social skills like reading facial expressions during conversation, Small asserts.
So brain circuits involved in face-to-face contact can become weaker, he suggests. That may lead to social awkwardness, an inability to interpret nonverbal messages, isolation and less interest in traditional classroom learning."

brain-small.jpg

Good read...

... then I noticed the advertisements flanking the article and had a good laugh. :laugh:

technologyIsBadAd.jpg

hahahahahh makes sense. :)

"She calls that analysis and comprehension "deep reading." But that takes time, even if it's just a fraction of a second, and today's wired world is all about speed, gathering a lot of superficial information fast."
-- and I call that, the Seeds of A.D.D.

what's really ironic (and funny) is how we're able to read this and you're able to advertise your opinion...via the internet.:laugh:

main reason why I limit the kids game/computer time to 30 min a day unless it's for homework purposes. I kick their butts out side, or they work. when given the choice they always end up finding a friend outside to play with :laugh:

You can usually spot those guys a mile away. Not knowing HOW to relate to people in the real world generally creates a fear of doing so and they just seem to acquire that smell. Someone you chat with on line and is full of bravado and confidence often turns out to be quite the recluse and the shy, reserved sort in person. Or completely incompetent when in a social situation, saying and doing the wrong things, giving the wrong facial cues and body language cues, etc.

It can be rather scary.

Die-hard gamers are the worst.

--Wag--

sad part is, after a few decades, no one will know any different and lack of social skill won't matter, and then this movie becomes truth:
Walter_Murch_-_THX_1138_back_sm.jpg

meh... at least they will still have cool bikes in our sanitary future :laugh:

Back