Interested in full spectrum power battery

200.gif

I’m looking at buying new batteries for my bikes. And I know there was a lot of talk about the P.10s battery that had 720cca. Anyone here try them yet on a big bore high compression motor yet?
There was a couple threads where Frank said that they were perfect for big bore and they were perfect to replace a 24 volt setup.

hi there,
experiances with 12V lifepo4?
yes i have

see
FJ%20LiFePo%20am%2024.07.2020_b.jpg

they hate and fear all voltage over 14.8 volts
by that overloading at my fj1200 the lifepo4 i had with 4.5Ah and 240 cca picturally "exploded" see pic above.

reason - my very old fj1200 (y. of constr. 1990) and its generator put over 15V to the lifepo what she answered with total loss last year.
an acid like the yuasa agm could stand that voltage a bit better but also only for a shorter time.

so whatever one takes as battery controll first the loading voltage.

for the hayabusa - here at my homepage - i guess i got THE solution to limit the voltage at 14.2 V.
i didn´t build that yet but i will do next weeks
because another two riders did that with best results - the voltage is limited to 14.2 v (+/- 0.05v only)

to the cca

720A is a very lot
my present (new) 12 v lifepo4 i bought new has 330A with capacity of 6AH (72 Wh = 12V x 6Ah)
and with that i think i - picturally said - could ride the bike only with the starter so strong the battery is.

but charging the lifepo4, no matter what cap. it has, is a bit tricky - avoid all chargers who have the function of "desulphation" - this kills the lifepo4 - all providers say so!
as they say even the 30 year old charger could be used - the charging current for the 12V lifepo4 below can be up to 8 A and the old chargers make around 2.5-4 A.

this one i bought for my busa (and for my fj1200)
JMT%20707%2001%2020_c.jpg

The Hayabusa calls for 180 CCA for OEM, would using much higher CCA cause any issues down the road.

I just bought an AGM 180 CCA as a replacement for my "made in China" Yuasa...

So I was very interested in these batteries (street version NOT the race) as well but I decided not to go with them since the company does not support the IPT Battery Management System battery anymore.

I think that when I do make the jump I want something with the latest technology incorporated within it.

The Hayabusa calls for 180 CCA for OEM, would using much higher CCA cause any issues down the road.

I just bought an AGM 180 CCA as a replacement for my "made in China" Yuasa...

hi bros
a lifepo4 don´t cause any issues if the loading value don´t rise over 14.8 volts
the higher CCA´s only help the starter to work at its best esp. when damn hot or ice cold.
my former 4.5 Ah had a CCA of 240 A and was killed by the terrible 15.xx and higher volts the fj1200 generator delivered.
(but the fj never again loads with more than 14.2 V - i got huge help for that issue by an added relay - see here)

to the AGM from YUASA
the AGM - type is the keyword !
in my 1st ´00 busa it worked for more than 10 years with it with best results.
in my 2nd ´00 now i used the lifepo4 from my fj by moving it "crosswise" till the 4.5Ah lifepo4 crashed by the horrible high volts in the fj
my new lifepo4 is a 6Ah with a CCA of 330 A .

Back