Intake Cam Mod question ???

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I'm considering doing the intake cam on the exhaust mod. Will the stock ECU compensate for this mod, or do I need a dyno tune?

I'm considering doing the intake cam on the exhaust mod. Will the stock ECU compensate for this mod, or do I need a dyno tune?

It will have to be tuned as the ECU will not compensate for changes. As many miles as you put on a bike, I'd recommend using a cam built on a exhaust blank to get the right cam to bucket alignment.

60,000 miles in 4 years is alot? :laugh:

Thanks Prof. I need to get the valves adjusted and was thinking of swapping cams while its appart. I guess I'll just stick with doing the needed maintenance for now.

So you are recommending against the intake cam in the exhaust side?? This is the first I have heard could you please explain.
Thanks,
Damien

Dual intake cams, with adjustable sprockets yield about 6 to 7 horsepower!

So you are recommending against the intake cam in the exhaust side?? This is the first I have heard could you please explain.
Thanks,
Damien

I'd have to find some pictures. The lobes on the cams are not spaced the same. This moves the lifter to bucket contact. This could cause long term problems. It would be better to buy a cam ground on an exhaust blanks.

Oh wow that is the first I have heard of this... sounds to be VERY useful info. I would not wanna do something to my motor that is gonna shorten the life more than me running the dog snot out of it... So what cams would you recommend? Not trying to jack this mans thread. I am planning on spraying a 40-50 shot on her as well....

Back