Insurance

lalit7474

Registered
Hayabusa 2022 insurance to the moon
Yall any recommendations on cheap premium insurance just to show for the finance purpose.

Screenshot_20220410-160929_Chrome.jpg

Jesus! I pay $134 a month for 2 motorcycles. 1 paid off and the busa financed, but both with full coverage.

Give progressive a call.

Several things determine what you’ll pay, coverage amounts, type and year of the bike, your driving history, your age, will it be stored in a locked garage or not, annual mileage estimate and even your zip code. You have to shop around every year. I do and it’s a giant hassle, takes quite awhile to suffer the various voice commands per company, and when you do finally reach a human because their online estimates aren’t that accurate, odds are that English is not their first language. But, I save money by doing so or I wouldn’t do it. I had Nationwide for nearly 20 years and had my car and at one time, six bikes insured. They were consistently the cheapest. But when I bought my Kawasaki they wanted to charge me over a grand for a year of full coverage. I shopped around, cancelled (they didn’t seem to care one bit) and after a couple different companies, this time Geico was the cheapest. Good luck in the hunt.

...this time Geico was the cheapest. Good luck in the hunt.
+1

When the FZ1 was stolen in '19, GEICO's payout was more than what I'd paid for the bike.

Still with that carrier, paying $200/mo for 3 bikes and a van, full coverage across the board.

Like Wuzza said, there are always variables. Happy hunting!

Progressive, American Modern, Dairyland, GEICO, etc

Like others have said, shop around. I have a broker that does mine every year now and they saved me a bunch. I had USAA for 20+ years but when we moved back to Texas from Ohio the rates were almost triple. Apparently they re-zoned TX prices after the flooding so I went elsewhere.

Give State Farm a try.
My experience with State Farm has been a Horror Story. First of all, if the other person is at fault but also insured by State Farm, they completely abandon you. You're left with the account that is playing defense, and they play very very hard ball. In short, if your busa is totaled and you are almost killed, they won't so much as buy you a new motorcycle jacket. You'll wait for a settlement offer that makes any kind of sense, and you just keep waiting. They give you nothing.

I pay $150’ year for 22 Busa and Golding. 500k liability only.

That seems like a ridiculously low amount to pay even if it is just for liability. Which company? So you have no coverage whatsoever for either bike? Hit a tree or a deer, no coverage. Drop it, no coverage. Someone runs into you, no coverage so you have to sue them. Have it stolen? No coverage. $6.25 a month per bike? Not worth it.

My experience with State Farm has been a Horror Story. First of all, if the other person is at fault but also insured by State Farm, they completely abandon you. You're left with the account that is playing defense, and they play very very hard ball. In short, if your busa is totaled and you are almost killed, they won't so much as buy you a new motorcycle jacket. You'll wait for a settlement offer that makes any kind of sense, and you just keep waiting. They give you nothing.
I've had fantastic responsiveness from SF. Parked it downtown and a car backed into it and knocked it off it's stand. I took it to the dealer got a quote and had a check within 2 days.

Granted that's not an accident. There were no injuries. So in the scheme of things they were top notch with me.

The only thing I don't like about them is they will not cover a passengers injuries if an accident happens. And they don't tell you that. My agent told me in case I wanted to buy an umbrella policy.

I pay 150 a month for full coverage on gen 2. I pay 34 or so for full coverage on my 07 Fatboy. I shopped around for the busa and one place was as high 1k a month, not a year, a month!!!! I've asked several companies why the price was so high and no one could give me an answer. I don't have a perfect record but I haven't gotten a ticket in awhile and maybe three tickets my entire life (I'm 35). The price was actually slightly higher on the Hayabusa but has came down for some reason. My turbo gen 1 with theft and liability was still 70 bucks. Liability was 13 a month or so...

Back