Insurance Rates

... just to bring this very important thread back up!

State Farm. Period!

... just to bring this very important thread back up!

State Farm. Period!
I wonder who taught you that?
I'm sober right now so I really don't remember! hahaha!
wink.gif

State Farm.  $320/yr full coverage.  35, married, live in Washington state.  Nothing could touch State Farm.
have you had a theft claim yet?
i had a "stated value" policy with them on my 01 w/ yoshi system and rebuilt motor. value was supposed to be $8k

when it was ripped i got $6700...........
"Stated Value" is a scam. The agents make it sound like a great thing but there are loop holes that allow them to devalue your vehicle.

For my Stingray and Honda CXTs I have an "Agreed Value" policy. The agreed value is what I get, not a penny more or penny less. Unfortunately regular insurance companies don't offer it. I have Hagerty Classic on those vehicles but they only cover classics and exotics. The policy costs next to nothing.

WOW, some of you guys got it bad. I'm 26, single, tons of tickets (none on my record) with my house, 4 bikes, and 2 cars and I only pay $208 a year w/ $500 deductible through State Farm.

K8 FULL COVERAGE 1000.00 DEDUCT. 437.00 YR. 44 YRS OLD 1 TICKET,1 CAR ACCIDENT,NO OTHER INS. WITH THEM

STATE FARM RULES!!!!

State Farm
36, male, single, homeowner
Northern VA area
liability limits: $100k / $300k / $50k
full comp/coll deduct: $500 / $1000
2 speeding tickets in 4 years (+19 over posted limit).
$700 per year

Hey all. As a potential new owner, I've just checked out a few quotes, including State Farm based on the great rates posted by many members on this site. Thought I'd share the results for reference.

The following quotes are annual premiums for a 2008 Hayabusa ONLY (no multi-policy discounts), clean record, Full coverage, $1000 deductible, in Maryland (DC Metro area):

Progressive $1,813.00 (ouch!)
Geico $1,081.00 (better but still a bit pricey)
State Farm $498.00 (MUCH better! whew!)

As most others seem to have found, State Farm is out in front by a mile and Progressive apparently doesn't want anything to do with new bikes (although State Farm was about about double anybody else to insure my 1985 Suzuki GS550ES for some reason...curious).

Hope this helps the next rider get a fair rate.

Ride safe and ride well!

It depends a lot of where you live climate/population wise too. My insurance is $120/month through progressive and I have a few driving under suspensions, few speeding, a dui, and an accident on my record. I get a winter discount though because there is a bunch of snow here (stupid snow)

I'm glad I did my research on this one.
08 Busa full coverage with State Farm $486/year
43 married I also have 2 dodge vans covered with state farm. They wouldnt write the bike policy by itself, without switching the vans over to them. I had NJ CURE and was paying $1900 a year for the vans . Because I have the bike and the vans I am paying $1800 a year for all 3 vehicles. I told my wife its a good thing I bought the Busa ,othe wise I never would have checked with state farm and we would'nt have saved so much $$$$. :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Back