Insurance for a busa in NEW YORK

gm1300

Registered
i called my broker and the best price he could come up with was $2600 a year for an 05 busa .

i only pay like $670 a yr for my 04 fjr1300 with full coverage

i am 33 with no tickets and no accidents

what are you new york busa owners paying for insurance and with who?

thanks in advance

One of the reasons I no longer live in New York. My insurance here in Florida is $380 a year with full coverage.

I went to progressive insurance in brooklyn for a quote. They said it would cost about $10000 (full coverage) a year! I have exellent credit and wanted to know why it was as much as the bike cost. The guy couldn't beleive it himself and thought there was a mistake in the system so made a call. Well, the people on the other line said it was no mistake. They red flagged the bike and it was not legal of them not to offer me insurance. So they just offer you a ridiculous price. Is that fugged up or what? I NEVER got into an accident in my life. Never had a claim, no tickets,no moving violations,no suspensions, nothing, and been driving for over 20 years. Allstate won't cover bikes at all in ny. My friend here in ny has full on his busa. I think he pays about 3000 a year. I forget with who.

went on geico.com and fill in for a quote as if i was living in NY

15,000 for full coverage
wow.gif

my first quote was from gmac it was $2600 , ouch

but then i found a broker that could get me full coverage for around $1600 and some change

he said the liability would be one policy and the fire theft and colision would be its own policy

it would be fully covered with 2 seperate policies

has anyone ever heard of this ?

Yes with one exception. I had liability on one policy and fire and theft with another insurance comp that would not give me collision. Thats how my dealer had it set for me on my last financed busa. Make sure he is giving you collision.

just got a quote from the dealer today as im still waitin on the 05 limited ! basic liability 193 $ a year , 569 $ liability + theft and for the whole shabang , 1092$ liabilty theft and collision . that was through my dealer in riverhead and a quote yes i have accidents and a seven year old dwi but nothing recently and im a male 31 years old . dont know if that helps ? i can get the agents number if you want ? i went to where i get my car insurance and they quoted me $ 4250 per year what the hell is that all about i been with them ten years !

what are you new york busa owners paying for insurance and with who?

thanks in advance

2003 Busa in Suffolk County, Long Island, NY.  Paid $561.80 to State Farm for June 04 to June 05.  Rate based on engine displacement, and you must have a car insured with State Farm.  Also, premium reflects a $47.00 reduction for taking the MSF Rider Course.

Stockerjo

I have State Farm and pay around $900 a year for full coverage. My agent told me once I turn 25, I'm 23 now, it will go way down. Thank god for that.
smile.gif

just got a quote from the dealer today as im still waitin on the 05 limited !  basic liability 193 $ a year , 569 $ liability + theft and for the  whole shabang ,  1092$  liabilty theft and collision .   that was through my dealer in riverhead  and a quote  yes i have accidents  and a seven year old dwi  but nothing recently and im a male  31 years old  . dont know if that helps ?  i can get the agents number if you want ?  i went to where i get my car insurance  and they quoted me $ 4250  per year  what the hell is that all about i been with them ten years !

wow i cant wait to call your guy about the insurance , this sounds great .

how much are you paying out the door for the limited and who was the salesman ?

i think i may have lined up a 2005 black and silver for 10,700 otd. i may get it tomorrow if it isnt raining and if they have it in stock

maybe your riverhead can do better or at least meet the $10,700
i was in riverhead the other day and they had a black and silver in the showroom . maybe i can just take that one . my guy agreed to the 10,700 but i am waiting for him to get back to me in the morning to see if it is in stock at the "other location "
i was waiting for the limited but i think i want the black/silver now  

i want to paint it all silver eventually and i want the silver frame .

i will leave it's stock paint for now then paint it the metallic silver color in the fall

Back