Installed Buell Pegs Today

crepitus

Registered
so i got them on no problem but when i went to adjust the shifter i had some trouble. i moved it one notch but then it interfered with the kickstand, could not get my foot under it. i moved it back to its original position and just adjusted it with the bar. i have to take it on a test ride now. i didnt touch the brake yet. want to make sure i like them before i cut the threaded rod. i did take it for a spin before i adjusted the shifter and what a difference. i just have to remember to keep my feet up on them though. i scraped my shoe on the first turn.

Cut your threaded rod? I have the buell pegs on mine and I didn't have to cut anything. I just cranked it all the way down and I was fine.

+1 on the brake light adjust - I forgot to do that and didnt realize it until about a week later when a friend of mine pointed it out to me.

I have the buell pegs too but never re-adjusted the brake or gear levers. The rear brake is a little goofy but since I use the front brake regularly AND I change to the stock pegs occasionally, I never really felt the need to adjust the levers.

after playing and adjusting more with them tonight i came to the conclusion that i will be taking them off. they feel great but i just dont like the shifting and they do put more pressure on the wrists. when i get time i may try to modify the shifter peg. the peg just need to be a bit longer.

(crepitus @ Aug. 24 2007,18:53) after playing and adjusting more with them tonight i came to the conclusion that i will be taking them off.  they feel great but i just dont like the shifting and they do put more pressure on the wrists.  when i get time i may try to modify the shifter peg.  the peg just need to be a bit longer.
Sounds like you need to try something else, like TL1000R pegs. I first got the Buels and then decided I really didn't like them. Went to the TLR's and really like both their look and position. And above all, they're just swap outs with the stock (remember to buy the spacers with them) and NO ADJUSTMENTS needed. Other than what I originally did for my foot  
beerchug.gif

one of my first mods was buell footpegs. i have not adjusted the brake
or shifter- just did the mod. no problems & i like it. i am 6'1" 295#. i don't know any better though- this is my 1st "sportbike". what's a rear brake?
lurk.gif

here's whatcha want...

CAT8.jpg

CAT10.jpg

I didn't care for the buell pegs either...but if ya can't afford cyclecats?...run the TL1000 pegs until you can...tha'd be MHO.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back