Install w/ pics (under)tail, rear sets, pipes

Pic 41: Here is a pic of the PCRIIIUSB when the bike is on. Notice the green light. My only gripe is I had asked for access to the USB port on the PCR. Note how the USB port is under the fairing and toward the rider seat. Guess they overlooked this part. To access the PCR USB port I now have to take off the tail section (or drill a hole in it, like the shop suggested….I think they hadn’t slept for like 72 hours or something when they suggested that, so I’ll ignore it). But it isn’t so bad, as how many times will I actually have to tune the bike, right?

41_Dynojet_PCRIIIUSB_1.JPG

Pic 45: Here is under the rider seat. Here lies the CPU and scorpio alarm. Also is the brand spanking new YUASA YTZ14S 235 CCA Battery. My old battery died, so I figured I would up the juice. With this, the barswitch, hopefully I will have no worries. The shop fabricated up a battery mount for the battery as well.

45_YUASA_YTZ14s_heavy_duty_235_CCA_battery_with_custom_mount.JPG

Pic 47: If you made it this far….thanks for taking a look. I come to this board to get new ideas, learn about new parts on the market, and read reviews of current parts. I did a few mods this year that were pretty unique, so hopefully I have inspired you to try something different as well. If you do, please post it up, so the rest of us may benefit. Here is my new “progress pic.â€￾ After every set of mods I take a progress pic to see how my bike changes. I think this one came out pretty mean.

Here is a sneak peak at next year’s mods:
Oil drain valve
Scottoiler MK7 Universal Chain Oiling Kit
Scottoiler Dual injector
Vortex Rear steel sprocket (+2 =42 teeth)
Tracdynamics Aluminum swingarm + 6 inches “satin black powder coat finishâ€￾ w/ Bottom loop Black w/ Universal Chain guard or DS Chain guard? Black w/ spool slots
Yoyodyneti Rear Caliper mount
Schnitzracing Adjustable kickstand
Schnitzracing.com fully adjustable lowering links stainless steel
Linkpro Adjustable suspension linkage
Tiger wing +4 inches $60
Vortex steel front sprocket (-1=16 teeth)
EK 530 ZVX chain 130 links (Stock=112 links+(2 links/inch: 6 inch x2= 12 links)=124 links)
h-e-l.co.uk Single brake line kit w black coating and black fittings (stock+6 inches)
Ohlins rear shock 46 PRXLS
Not sure about the rear brake, but this is what I’m thinking:
-Brembo P4 billet rear caliper (4-piston)
-Brembo 260 mm floating rear rotor
-Brembo pads for p4-24 rear caliper
-Brembo rear master cylinder
Metzeler sportec M3 supersport 120/70ZR Front tire
Metzeler sportec M3 supersport 190/50ZR Rear tire
Alpine stars SMX air flo jacket

47_Last.jpg

Hellovajob Man
super.gif
love what you did with the bike.
Bet you are at home yrying to think of more Mods

(ColdBusa @ Aug. 26 2007,08:31) So you like red hey?? lol , nice.    
beerchug.gif
Wait until next year's mods, when everything going on the bike is black.

...I wonder if I can get the ohlins shock painted or powdercoated black.....hmmm, something to look into....

I had a question on how to get the accelerator pump going on the PCRIII.
Dynojet provides only semi-complete instructions and it did take me a little bit to figure out exactly how to get the thing to work. The below is the step-by-step.

Go to the site and find where it says accelerator pump.
There will be an application to download.
Download it.
Hook your PCRIII up to your computer.
Execute the accelerator pump application.
A screen will come up that looks similar to the powercommander.
Click on where it says enable accelerator pump.
Close that program.
Open up the powercommander program (with your map in it).
One of the menus at the top will have the accelerator pump as an option.
Click on that.
It will bring up a screen where you can adjust the values.
Send the map to your PCRIII.
Save the map as a new file on your CPU for future reference.

Do you have a plug in for the Radar bracket you made... for audio... I would never see mine in time... I only hear it

like the hole in the window that you left but sure draws attention to the radar... any grief from the popo yet

a very sweet looking ride...amazing work !!!
bowdown.gif

(argyle66 @ Aug. 26 2007,13:22) Do you have a plug in for the Radar bracket you made... for audio... I would never see mine in time... I only hear it

like the hole in the window that you left but sure draws attention to the radar... any grief from the popo yet

a very sweet looking ride...amazing work !!!  
bowdown.gif
I had a radar detector on my last bike with audio only, and it was useless. You cannot hear a radar detector at speed. Now I ride with earplugs because I want to save my hearing.

So, now I use the HARD unit.
I posted about it on this thread:

Update. The paint peeled off the mufflers....so the guy who sprayed them definitely didn't use high heat black. Even though I resprayed them with high heat black, I only sprayed on top of his coating = peeling.

I scrubbed them down with a wire brush, bought some HIGH heat black (2000 degrees) and painted them again.

To note, I noticed my driver's side muffler spun around on me. What this means is that the clamps I was given with the pipes suck. Even at their tightest position, they are not tight enough. Therefore I had to cut the pipe smaller to fit tighter (only because it's curved will cutting it smaller allow it to fit tighter), and we will see what happens.

So, to sum up....careful who you buy shorty mufflers from (even on the org) because, while the price may be right.....the time it takes to fix the horrible quality isn't worth it.

Shorty_mufflers_painted_2000_degree_black.jpg

Back