Inner Fairing Heat Insulator

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 20 2007,19:14) Everyone, just let me know who need that so I`ll be riding to the store once.
Thanks for looking out for us VIC. I'll check local here tomorrow and see what up.... if a no go then I may holler at ya! I'll not ride until I have some protection for old blue!

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 20 2007,20:36) Home Depot doesn`t have anything like that. Sticky foil without backing is not enough protection for plastics.
I used sticky foil with backing plus a layer of metal tape on top of it. All from Home Depot.
smile.gif

My decal/tapes were starting to bubble ( right side only) after less then 200 miles on my Busa. I was desperate and this was going to be a temporary solution but after 6 months it is still going strong. The fairing next to the exhaust was too hot to touch before now they are cool.
I still keep an eye on it and will upgrade to the real deal later if I need to.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 20 2007,20:02)
(xzvs @ Jun. 20 2007,20:37) covington la -- my grandma lives there -- mebbie she can get it at cost ;)
granny shopping for thermal insulation, nothing wrong with it.  
beerchug.gif
Vic, if you can hook me up... I had no luck with the stealership today! They had something by a company called Myiers or something like that. Product was very thin compared to what was OEM so I was afraid to get it. Rated at 500 degrees though. What do you think Vic?

(porterfm @ Jun. 21 2007,16:38)
(xzvs @ Jun. 20 2007,20:37) covington la -- my grandma lives there -- mebbie she can get it at cost ;)
beerchug.gif
Vic, if you can hook me up... I had no luck with the stealership today! They had something by a company called Myiers or something like that. Product was very thin compared to what was OEM so I was afraid to get it. Rated at 500 degrees though. What do you think Vic?
Do you want me to mail it to you? Man, you just 60 miles away. Stop by my house and I will install it for you.
Saturday or Sunday I`ll be riding 67 to woodland park. Do you want to meet there somewhere?
Shoot me an email v.k@comcast.net
Or I can run to Fay Mayers and mail it to you.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 21 2007,16:46)
(porterfm @ Jun. 21 2007,16:38)
beerchug.gif
Vic, if you can hook me up... I had no luck with the stealership today!  They had something by a company called Myiers or something like that.  Product was very thin compared to what was OEM so I was afraid to get it.  Rated at 500 degrees though.  What do you think Vic?
Do you want me to mail it to you? Man, you just 60 miles away. Stop by my house and I will install it for you.
Saturday or Sunday I`ll be riding 67 to woodland park. Do you want to meet there somewhere?
Shoot me an email v.k@comcast.net
Or I can run to Fay Mayers and mail it to you.
Email sent VIC. Thanks for all the help and always great advice/products

Back