Infantry

GA_boi

Donating Member
Registered
Its official. :banana: I got word today that I will officially be a United States Army Infantry Officer.:woot::woot: After lots of :please: and alot of hard work I got what I wanted. So for those that are in the know this is how the shakedown went. I branched Finance but got my branch detail of Infantry. I also have already secured a grad school slot:thumbsup:. Today was truly a great day. I still dont know where my duty station will be or when I report to IBOLC, but who cares at this point. I'm going INFANTRY!!!!!:banana::banana:

Hahaha...congrats! Be prepared to lead those young soldiers...they will demand and deserve your very best:
"A dead soldier who has given his life because of the failure of his leader is a dreadful sight before God. Like all dead soldiers, he was tired, possibly frightened to his soul, and there he is on top of all that…never again to see his homeland. Don’t be the one who failed to instruct him properly, who failed to lead him well. Burn the midnight oil, so that you may not in later years look upon your hands and find his blood still red upon them.”

Carry this thought with you always...it has served me well for over a decade now and brought me and my soldiers safely home. NOW GO CELEBRATE YOU GRUNT...CAUSE YOUR HAPPY DAYS ARE NUMBERED!!!:laugh:

Hahaha...congrats! Be prepared to lead those young soldiers...they will demand and deserve your very best:
"A dead soldier who has given his life because of the failure of his leader is a dreadful sight before God. Like all dead soldiers, he was tired, possibly frightened to his soul, and there he is on top of all that…never again to see his homeland. Don’t be the one who failed to instruct him properly, who failed to lead him well. Burn the midnight oil, so that you may not in later years look upon your hands and find his blood still red upon them.â€￾

Carry this thought with you always...it has served me well for over a decade now and brought me and my soldiers safely home. NOW GO CELEBRATE YOU GRUNT...CAUSE YOUR HAPPY DAYS ARE NUMBERED!!!:laugh:

Will do!!! My celebration will probably consist of a night at the movies with my girl and her two boys!!:beerchug:

Congrats great news! Just remember - the higher u go in rank, the more you are servant to those u lead, as you decisions have life and death consequences.

LTC, USAR (ret.)

"A dead soldier who has given his life because of the failure of his leader is a dreadful sight before God. Like all dead soldiers, he was tired, possibly frightened to his soul, and there he is on top of all that…never again to see his homeland. Don’t be the one who failed to instruct him properly, who failed to lead him well. Burn the midnight oil, so that you may not in later years look upon your hands and find his blood still red upon them.â€￾

not really he's going to be an officer.lol Congrats

Its official. :banana: I got word today that I will officially be a United States Army Infantry Officer.:woot::woot: After lots of :please: and alot of hard work I got what I wanted. So for those that are in the know this is how the shakedown went. I branched Finance but got my branch detail of Infantry. I also have already secured a grad school slot:thumbsup:. Today was truly a great day. I still dont know where my duty station will be or when I report to IBOLC, but who cares at this point. I'm going INFANTRY!!!!!:banana::banana:

Not really sure what that entails, but I do salute you for your service to the American people.
I am not a military man but work on defense contracts and greatly respect our fighting men and women.:beerchug:
Thank you
Bubba

just dont be a ****bag and not listen to ur ncos like most officers just take ur time and advice from one nco to an officer listen before u order

I finance guy with a Ranger Tab will scare the $hit out of people. :thumbsup:

Congrats. If you get to Hawaii, you'll see my signature on the bottom of all your soldiers' traffic tickets :p Bahaha, infantry makes up a good chunk of our tickets

Back