Infamous r1 wheel swap

Quiksilver

Registered
Hello all. I've started acquiring some parts to complete the r1 wheel swap on my gen 1. I've got the rear wheel, sprocket, carrier and the cush drives are on the way. I'm undecided on the braking setup but am leaning toward the sae outlaw performance r1 conversion rotor to have full pad contact and not have to swap rear calipers. Also planning to swap front forks to gen 2 and possibly use their front axle. Anyone have any experience with SAE outlaw performance? TIA
busa r1 rotor.jpg

cbr axle aluminum(1).jpg

SAE Outlaw Performance makes junk. This is the idiot (another thief) that knocked off the Robinson High Output Oil pump gear . . . the SAE version is the one that snaps in half inside your motor. The owner is
NOT a nice guy, ask me how I know. Proceed at your own risk !

SAE Outlaw Performance makes junk. This is the idiot (another thief) that knocked off the Robinson High Output Oil pump gear . . . the SAE version is the one that snaps in half inside your motor. The owner is
NOT a nice guy, ask me how I know. Proceed at your own risk !

Yikes! Thanks for the input. I was mostly interested with the rear conversion rotor because I didn't want to have to swap out the rear hayabusa caliper for the r1 caliper. I noticed the axle while browsing around sae's website.

Last edited:
No sir I didnt think to. I've seen some other threads that had the before and after and I believe it shaved a few lbs.

Reactions: c10
Back