Im so pissed right now...

So I take the entire nose piece off, turn the headlamp assy over and out falls the screw... I put the HID's in (Thanks John) and put the nose back on and all the plastics ( Suzuki someone needs to be seriously reprimanded for the design of how everything goes together..... I still cant get over what a pain in the ass putting the plastics back together is.... Since I had the plastics off I changed the oil and filter, ya know with the good 40.00 oil too.... A bud from the old days at the PD who rides a 1000 came over to help... We got it all back together and the HID's still worked can you believe it.... I started the bike so that I could get the lights all good and warm and then move the bike off the stand.... The bike was running for about 2 seconds and there was a lound "POP" then oil poured out the bottom of the fairing.... I killed the motor in about 1 second and all my oil was running out the bottom and onto the floor...... I took a pic, closed the shop doors and turned off the lights as I walked out... Oil was still dripping from the bike when I left........ So that's how my night went.....

oil1.jpg

Doug that stinks, at least its not like my Powercommander problems that im having!

wtf.gif

You're kidding!?!?

Man, I'm so sorry to hear! Let me know if you need any help; I could be there in a few hours
winkold.gif

I took another pic of the screw, looks like it was exercising overnight because it moved from the way it was sitting........

nosescrew.jpg

So I take the entire nose piece off, turn the headlamp assy over and out falls the screw... I put the HID's in (Thanks John) and put the nose back on and all the plastics ( Suzuki someone needs to be seriously reprimanded for the design of how everything goes together..... I still cant get over what a pain in the ass putting the plastics back together is.... Since I had the plastics off I changed the oil and filter, ya know with the good 40.00 oil too.... A bud from the old days at the PD who rides a 1000 came over to help... We got it all back together and the HID's still worked can you believe it.... I started the bike so that I could get the lights all good and warm and then move the bike off the stand.... The bike was running for about 2 seconds and there was a lound "POP" then oil poured out the bottom of the fairing.... I killed the motor in about 1 second and all my oil was running out the bottom and onto the floor...... I took a pic, closed the shop doors and turned off the lights as I walked out... Oil was still dripping from the bike when I left........ So that's how my night went.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
clap.gif
boohoo.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

laugh.gif

deadhorse.gif

jump9.gif

You need to remove the old o-ring that's stuck to the engine from the factory with some kind of gremlin glue. BTDT and is sucks.

Man, When I heard that pop, me and you both looked at each other and then I looked down and seen the oil....I was like WTF just happened...1st thing that went through my mind was "Did I loosen an oil line?"

I'm betting it was just the seal on the oil filter like we were thinking though and you didn't lose enough oil in the very brief time it was on to hurt it, but at least its flushed out with new oil...

I offered to let him ride ***** tomorrow when we go to hooters, but he said he'd just drive his truck...lol

Thanks for the Picture..If I had known you were going to take that, I would have shown some nipple...

You need to remove the old o-ring that's stuck to the engine from the factory with some kind of gremlin glue.  BTDT and is sucks.
done that, been there what a pain
banghead.gif

owned 25 bikes, done hundreds of oil change and never had to deal with old oil filter ring stuck.
i guess only could be seen on 08 hayabusa! thanks suzuki
clap.gif

i read it to in a thread before i changed my oil but i still forgot to take the old gasket off before putting the new filter on. shot against the wall i didn't put the plastic on. it will be ok step back count to ten maybe go inside take a coffee break. i promise when you come back out you'll feel better.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>FIXED</span>

I pulled her back apart tonight and there was indeed two gaskets... I cleaned all that spilled oil up and put er back together and viola she runs.. She smokes a little from the oil on the exhaust that I couldnt get off but other than that I think were good to go...

Thanks for the insight all.....

cap

PS the plastics still suck

Spray the oil on the header with Breakleen while it's cold. The Breakleen will take the oil off real easy. Just let it dry for a few minutes before you start the bike. It is flammable.

i'm glad you are back up and running
beerchug.gif

(and that i have Gen. 1 plastics
thumb_up.gif
)

Whoot...should have called me I would have came over and helped you with it again...

So, did you have to get another filter and oil or was you able to keep the filter you put on and some of the oil?
rock.gif

I for one wouldn't take that for a second! Im me and I will give you an address where I can dispose of your K8 for you so you won't have to suffer anymore.

Back