I'm Sad

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Not that it matters lol..

Just needed to release so I am releasing.

The last two weeks my wife and my oldest son have gone on the last 2 fridays checking out colleges.

He will be a senior this coming year. one more year, one more summer. then he will be moving out to go to college.

He is not only my first born, he is an awesome person, and he is my friend.

I can count on him for anything and everything. whatever I ask of him he just does it.

We talk and confide in each other, he allways has my back.

He has a good head on his shoulders, knows where he wants to go in life, has a pretty good idea how to get there.

Always is respectful to others.

I am so going to miss him not being around on a daily basis.

:down:

One of the hardest parts of being a parent. I have done it twice with one to go and I think it get's harder rather than easier. Good luck to you and stay strong. :please::please:

You are A Lucky Man to have Such a Son Like Yours. Good Kids are a Result of Good Parenting. And NO I am NOT KISSING YOUR AZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!! I Really Mean What I Say :thumbsup:

When people look back who have kids, your statements are the ones that many wish they could say was their life.

Good thing long distance is really cheap so you can stay in touch!

You are A Lucky Man to have Such a Son Like Yours. Good Kids are a Result of Good Parenting. And NO I am NOT KISSING YOUR AZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!! I Really Mean What I Say :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I am a very lucky man, I have an awesome wife. we have been married for over 21 years.

And I have three great sons. they are all differant, but they all have big hearts.

So yes. I am very lucky and I thank God for them often and I tell them often how much I love them.

I can only imagine how that all feels right now, and I am already dreading the day when the kids move out and begin their lives...just appreciate what you have now and know that you did good Dad...

Last edited:
As much as you are going to miss him, he is going to miss you more!!! Hopefully he will fly back to the nest often and maybe one day have a nest of his own near you!!! :)

Sounds like you have done a good job!!! He will be fine!!

Count your blessings, and be proud that you raised him well. Think of it as his time to share his kindness with the world, but know he'll always be there for you.

I am a year away from facing the same situation with my daughter. Good on you bro.
Posted via Mobile Device

El circulo de la vida. The circle of life.

Be strong...focus on the great things on the horizon. :beerchug:

My wife couldn't wait for my oldest to leave. I took him around to a dozen campuses and was there when he was honored as a Junior Scholar, but it really changed our home when he left for his freshman year. It will be a big change.

..Ron .. Missed you @ the stampede .. but as far as your son ..you've done a great job raising a man .. both of my sons went out into the world on thier own, an for that I miss there .. joking around ,friendship, joking around..constant eating ..( sports does that ) quality time at home ..and ...did I say .. joking around ? .. anyways.. you shall miss them, but you have done your job quite well, so be Proud of the fact that he has a head start to which a lot of kids don't have. ( good parents) . :thumbsup:
...K.

Mine leaves for college in a month and I have been a wreck all summer. Can't even talk about it without getting misty eyes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hang in there bro! I still have 4 more years to go before my first leaves and I'm already dreading it. Part of life I guess, but look on the bright side many parents can't get there kids out of the house to go to college or get a job! Sounds like you did a great job, now you get to watch him really blossum! :beerchug:

I have two awesome teenage daughters, my plan is to buy a rear pusher diesel motorhome and live just outside their college dorms (heavily armed). Seriously, it's a passage we all must go through....just think when he comes back with a woman and a whole new dimension of your relationship will begin. It truly is life at its best!

I was exposed to radiation when I was 5 years old. But I survived notwithstanding.
Unable to have children, I'll be 70 soon, and thanks to this thread, I can commiserate
vicariously.

Well, Ron, I can understand your detachment from your boy, but be proud of his accomplishments as they are as several have said, the result of your good parenting. It is okay to miss him, but whenever you do delight in your success. Congrats.

:beerchug:

Back