I'm out...

Doc_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Well, it has been a fun 3 years since I first signed up here! I made some great friends and had some wonderful times (both in person and in cyberspace). However, the past 6 months have been tough on me, Busa wise. The downward spiral began when I bought the TurboBusa over 1 year ago, it was really a sad time when I sold my 2001 Busa, which was so reliable...

The TurboBusa just killed me. It blew up three times during the past year, and I had $24,000 invested in the bike when it exploded in December of 2004. This was the last straw for me. I sold the skeleton and remaining bits last night. I also sold my track bikes and her SV650...

We are buying a new home, which is much larger and on a great piece of land. I will now have a seven+ car garage and shop vs. the 2 car cramped space I have now. However, this comes with a high-price. I am giving up the sport bikes with sky high insurance, cop magnets, etc. I just don't have self-control on these machines. For now, I am sticking with my dual-sports.

It would be great to see you guys in Vegas, or maybe even meet up somewhere along the way. I will probably drop by for a lurk once and a while. Who knows, maybe I will get another Busa one of these days, but now, I am slowing down and trying to pay down the new home expenses.

One word of advice, NEVER GET A TURBO BUSA! I don't care what the experts and turbo lovers say, if you want a reliable fun ride, do NOT go Turbo.

Anyway, PM and/or email me if you are coming to Vegas. I will still be riding, but I top out around 120 mph now...

Best Regards,

Doc

sorry.gif
Sorry to hear it. At least you're still on two wheels, and that's really all that matters.

damn Doc... that is not good...
sad.gif

What kind of turbo setup did you have...? I have a turbo coming in and any advice you could give from your experience is greatly appreciated... (Too late to go back...
smile.gif
)

Cloud

hey doc, hate to see ya go, but surely understand the reasons behind it. I might be in vegas in may, maybe we can get lunch or something.
cool.gif

Very sad time it is indeed. You were one of the first members that left an impression on me when I came aboard. Take care and keep ya head up!!
down.gif
down.gif
down.gif

Brian

down.gif

down.gif

I will still be riding, but I top out around 120 mph now...
Doc...I did find a bit of humor in this statement...Anyway it's been our pleasure...I feel you on the pain of the boost...Hell I've finally got mine in tip top form...Life changes and sometimes it's necessary to meet it's demands...Peace out and good luck...And please continue to check in...
evil.gif

Actually, contrary to the other replies, I'm proud for ya. Sounds like you were in a no win situation with the turbo busa anyway. I'm not going to say I'm sorry or that it's bad that you're getting rid of a huge headache. I've followed your troubles with it on the board and I feel more like I should congratulate you on being rid of that bike, bro. Sounds to me like you're losing a huge source of frustration and gettin' back on a path to becoming happy with two wheeling again. As much as I like busas and as sweet as they are, I've found that they are NOT a requirement for being happy on two. I still can't put into words how much more I enjoy the 10 than I did the busa for my type of riding.

Anyway, I know a part of you hates to let it go. I know I still have moments when I really miss Train. Overall though, I made the right move. Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate with the new pad and all. And at least you're still on two wheels of some sort. Take care and drop in regularly to let us know you're doin' ok. Some pics from the dual sport rides would be nice, too.
super.gif

Damn if Doc is out maybe I should tip my hat as well... I will miss you bro! You don't have to leave because you don't have a busa. Look at me I stay here and I know I can kick the stuffing out of most of the guys with my 600! Let the missiles fly guys.

Doc take care!!

Sorry to hear man. I understand, though, as other things are more important in life. At least you still have some sort of 2 wheels. I think I'd be in trouble too if I lived in Vegas with a Turbo Busa. All that desert sand, and lots of open road. I'm gonna be there in June and July and wish so much that I had my Busa to ride. Oh well.

Damn if Doc is out maybe I should tip my hat as well... I will miss you bro! You don't have to leave because you don't have a busa. Look at me I stay here and I know I can kick the stuffing out of most of the guys with my 600! Let the missiles fly guys.

Doc take care!!
Yeah, I mean I'm still here and I own a Kawi.
biggrin.gif
Don't be a stranger.
beerchug.gif

Understand your reasons for making the change, but don't leave the family because of it. Changes are the only thing constant in life. Hate to see you go, if you do, but I'm sure it will be a change for the better.

Doc,

Hate to see you leave but I understand. Im workin a house myself and I know how every penny counts. but like the others say, at least your still on two and thats all that matters.

Just stick around, I would hate to see you go anywhere!!

You know Im gona look you up when ever Im in Vegas!! I cant pass up another night of drunkiness with ya!! havin to find a Starbucks at all hours and all.

Hope to see you around.

Josh

Damn...sorry to hear this, Doc. I agree with BT, though. It seems like it's been a huge headache for ya and I'm glad that you were able to get it off your plate.

As for the Vegas hook-up, I may be headin out there at the end of the year...I'll definitely look ya up, bro.

Have fun and stay safe, alright?
wink.gif

Thanks for the very kind words, especially good to hear from Marc and Josh! I will never forget that first Busa get together in LA back in 2002. That was an absolutely GREAT time. I also wanted to thank the Captain. We never met, but we did joke back and forth a long time ago regarding the ladies
laugh.gif
!

I will stop back once in a while. I will probably pick up a "beater" Busa once I recover from the down payment on the new house. A "beater" Busa in that I will carry liability insurance only.

If you guys want to do another Vegas Busa run, let me know. The new house is on 1/2 acre with a 3 car attached garage, AND A 6 CAR DETACHED WORKSHOP!!!!!!!!! That is what really sold me on the house.

Anyway, you guys have a place to stay if you get in the Vegas area, you know my digits. I will stop back to say hi once in a while and who knows, maybe I will be back on a Booo before too long (however, I really want the new Triumph Speed Triple
super.gif
)

Thanks again,

Doc

sorry to hear. that's why i keep mine stock, more durable. plus, it's a waste a money unless you race for a living or use all those mods on a regular basis.

Wish you the Best on the purchase of your new home Doc, sorry to hear about that turbo Busa though.

I hope you continue to check in on us ... sorry about the troubles with the turbo busa ... and congratulations on your new house!

Stay in touch Doc. Different needs for different times. Sounds like a nice spread you are looking at. Stay safe hope to meet up in the near future.

Back