I'm not a Traitor

RedBusarider

Registered
Well since many are letting the cat out of the bag I might as well too.
See GIXERHP your not alone.

The Concours is a good bike. NO it's not as fast or as light as the Busa, but it does most other things pretty well.
It's different and a lot more updated than a Gen II Busa - with heated grips, TPMS, Traction control, adjustable windscreen, saddlebags, and a shaft drive just to name a few things.
I added a real cruise control which works great - not like the Rostra I tried to add to my Gen I and NEVER got to work right, so I took it off.
The more upright seating position is way less pressure on hands and wrists and long distance rides are very doable.
Cruising at 70mph I can get over 50mpg most days with all the cases on. Bike is very smooth - equal to or better then a Busa.

Here's mine.

CC1_zpslk3zxbsi.jpg

1132015A_zps0dvdqkuw.jpg

AND YES I STILL HAVE MY BUSA!
And NO I don't feel like a Traitor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Did you put the Canyon Cages on it? I have thought about putting them on mine. What year is that color? Looks nice.

I'm not a traitor either... but no Conni here:
GROM GROM GROM GROM GROM GROM

image-1958374199.jpg

i smell decent...traitors.... lmao!! this is no longer a busa sight ....its now an old farts with motorcycles site...WOOT!

What seat is it?

It's a Kawasaki Touring seat. I don't know if it is still made, as it was on the bike when I bought it and I assume the PO bought it
soon after he got the bike which was in 2011. It works for me and was OK for sure. I added the Airhawk R because it was a lot cheaper
then a Custom seat and added to the comfort of the ride, so I can go even farther. :thumbsup:

It's a Kawasaki Touring seat. I don't know if it is still made, as it was on the bike when I bought it and I assume the PO bought it
soon after he got the bike which was in 2011. It works for me and was OK for sure. I added the Airhawk R because it was a lot cheaper
then a Custom seat and added to the comfort of the ride, so I can go even farther. :thumbsup:

Yes the touring seat is still available, but it not cheep, retails for over $500!

I like it!! So what cruise control did you install; and what is that mounted to what looks like a RAM mount in your second pic? GPS?

Last edited by a moderator:
wow very kool I mus say. I was jus sayn the other day I wanted a Goldwing but I actually like that even more. congrats

id lit the "Like" button if it existed but unfortunately it no longer does.....:whistle:

I like it!! So what cruise control did you install; and what is that mounted to what looks like a RAM mount in your second pic? GPS?

I installed a McCruise Control unit - Not cheap, as it was a little over $900 and made in AU. Took about a week to get it.
It was MADE for the Concours and was almost plug and play as much as that is possible. All brackets are pre-bent as needed. Blows away a Rostra unit. The unit is very well made.
It holds speed as good or better than my 4 wheel vehicles. I'm amazed at how well it holds speed going up hills. I would buy and install it again.

Yes it's a GPS unit. What you are seeing there is the cover I put over the unit to reduce glare, so that most of the time I can still see the display better than without it.

It's a good bike - like I said not as fast as the Busa but it is no slow poke either and triple digits are no problem.
In 6th gear it is indicating 86 mph @ 4000 rpm. That number should change a little (for the better) when I put a 190/55 tire on it next spring.

I have gotten groceries many times with it and rarely use a 4 wheel vehicle in the summertime.

Back