I'm looking for a hot weather jacket

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Not looking for the El Cheapo jacket, but I want something like a mesh with leather/armor for these hot days. Don't want an overpriced one, but do want good quality and durability. $200-$250 range with a reputable company.

Get a Joe Rocket or First Gear "Mesh" jacket... The air will flow completely through the jacket... (Can get a little cold though in cooler weather...)

Go with a light color, NOT black.

Cloud

I have the first gear "mesh" and I think it looks to be better quality then the Joe Rocket for about the same price...

Joe rocket Mesh! Both my wife and I have 1. From all I've heard they are good even in a fall. Its a good one fall summer jacket

I have the Alpinestars T-Venom air-flo. bought it at imotorcyclestore.com for $219, I think it was. Really sweet looking, has a windproof removable liner for the cold days, otherwise with the liner out its very breathable. Awesome quality; for protection has the backpad, and shoulder and elbow armor. I dig it because I haven't seen anyone else with this jacket. I'm leaning towards leather though...yes for hot weather. My buddy races professionally (he also owns his own accessory shop so he tries everything) and he swears by leather, says that it keeps him cooler then the mesh especially when riding around town. His advice hasn't failed me yet...

I've been researching around and know what I want, just can't find it. Looking for mesh/textile/or very perforated leather(hot weather jacket). With armor/padding/or carbon fiber on shoulders, spine, elbows, and collar bone. Since I have wide shoulders compared to my chest and torso I need waist straps and sleeve straps(skinny arms, need to hit the gym more) to tighten the jacket in place. Anybody seen my future jacket. The ICON TI-MAX is the closest, but it doesn't have sleeve straps for my thin arms.

Bates Leathers are the best in riding leathers. Not only do they make my custom bonneville leathers and drag leathers, but I wear their street Mesh/armor in the summer. For price and quality, there is no one better.

Guy

Thanks for all the input, I've decided on the Fieldsheer Titanium Air Jacket (Blue/black). As long as its comfortable when I get to try it on, I'll be gettin it.

Hey, Charles, I think you would also like the First Gear Mesh Tex 2 jacket. It has all the things you are looking for at a cost of $129. Check it out at NewEnough.com before you make the purhase.

Here's a pic of the jacket.

DSC00420.JPG

im with bs on this one but dont get black !!!!!! in any jacket you buy just my opinion at stop lights gets kinda hottt but im down here in florida with all the dayum humidity

Back