Im back on the ground! First Skydive! Video inside!

just throwing this out there... I've never done a Tandem. I started in the AFF and was free falling with people holding me --- is that much different than the feel of a Tandem? Then I came down under my own parachute... alone... into a cornfield 1/2 mile off target, almost spraining my ankle... but Tandem you have a guy on your back and he controls the chute... will busaman get a DIFFERENT KIND of rush from AFF jusmps? or is it about the same? I guess the free fall would be about the same, right?

:thumbsup:that was cool nice vid, 120 mph and ya dident even need a busa to do it:laugh:

just throwing this out there... I've never done a Tandem. I started in the AFF and was free falling with people holding me --- is that much different than the feel of a Tandem? Then I came down under my own parachute... alone... into a cornfield 1/2 mile off target, almost spraining my ankle... but Tandem you have a guy on your back and he controls the chute... will busaman get a DIFFERENT KIND of rush from AFF jusmps? or is it about the same? I guess the free fall would be about the same, right?

Quite a bit different - Tandem you are a PASSENGER - AFF you are THE PILOT. I've been the passenger on two tandems; skydivers aren't the best passengers because we keep trying to outfly the Tandem Master.

VERY COOL!! One of these days,..........I'll grow a "pair" and do that!!:thumbsup:

Holy crap!!!! Why do people jump from perfectly good airplanes :rofl:

Looks like a blast man!!! Amazing...glad you had fun!! :thumbsup:

best skydive movie EVER. I think it's true on every level displayed - excepting the cheesey cop/drug bust plot it is wrapped around. great visuals also

Last edited by a moderator:
I've jumped THAT airplaine too. IMHO CUTAWAY was the worst of the 3 big skydiving movies (the other two being DROP ZONE and POINT BREAK) In my mind, PB was the best one - the visuals were what made me start skydiving in the first place.

I've jumped THAT airplaine too. IMHO CUTAWAY was the worst of the 3 big skydiving movies (the other two being DROP ZONE and POINT BREAK) In my mind, PB was the best one - the visuals were what made me start skydiving in the first place.

Can you get these movies on blu-ray?

and don't forget Charlie Sheen in TERMINAL VELOCITY!

skydivr, don't you think the drop zone environment is most accurately portrayed in CUTAWAY, as well as the message about cutting excess baggage in life as well as allowing you to jump full time? There is much more sky dive footage in CUTAWAY than the other movies. And although I too enjoy Point Break for it's skydiving, its 4 minutes (!!!) of free fall and last minute 200 feet chute pull into the water was WAYtoo unrealistic for me... but made good fiction.

but they are all fun to watch! but Cutaway is all about skydiving

doubt there will be BluRays of these since the movies weren't great

I guess I just got tired of Stephen Baldwin (who can't act worth a crap), and all the emphasis on being "NUMBER 10" on a 10-way speed star team. Hell, I like being #20!

Being a skydiving bum is alot like being a ski bum. Same lifestyle.

Sure wish they'd make another movie; there are some great commercials out there right now.

yeah Baldwin and most of the actors sucked, but the SKYDIVING!! yeah!

Adrenaline Rush looks interesting... you gotta give us a report. I bought that Freefall Extreme video and it was just okay... for the best stuff, find the indie discs of the pros at bigger skydiver sights. those are plotless, nothing but skydiving videos that can be mesmorising

oh and here's a GAME I'm trying to get installed...
http://www.d3company.com/base.html

hey this demo is alright! you can jump off this one radio tower and fall a bit and then glide in under canopy

base.JPG

Maaaaaaan, that looks fun. I had a dream about skydiving recently, maybe it's a sign.

Back