If you had a choice, would you get a Gen1 or Gen2?

Well I slept on it and weighed my opinions. After doing the numbers I have a lot more $$$ in my bike then I thought. So I'm going to keep her and go the to insurance auctions and scoop up a cheap gen2. My bike is mostly a Gen2 now anyways :laugh: good thing I slept on the thought, didn't want to regret it later.

What you have said doesn't apply. I owned an 05, loved it! Stock vs stock my 08 handles better therefore makes me more confident when riding it. I can mod my bike enough to make it a spaceship if I wanted to but I don't think that was information the OP was looking for.

I believe the OP was looking for in depth opinions from both camps on the issue. I believe our collective experiences with both bike are valuable for him and others that face the same crossroads. There is a lot of distance between improving a motorcycle suspension and "creating a spaceship".
Based on the 99% figure of Busa owners that DO modify their scooters in some way during ownership, I think what I said certainly does apply.

I believe one can not err when going deeper into a subject.....but many discussions are left with inadequate information when they are dealt with superficially.

Geesh Man, this is a tough question. I bought a new `03 and rode it for only 2 years 7,500 miles...I loved everything about it (still cant believe I traded, but moved out of city to home with a few acres and wanted KingQuad-see a trend there)..oh..anyways I have this 2011 model now and I`m sure it will grow on me, but the looks of my `old one` sure was nice, and I`m not sure but could swear the seat is not as comfy on the new one (is it different, for a bigger butt???)..
The bottom line is man, "if you can find a nice clean UNMOLESTED first generation bike and save a few thousand, then go for it, you wont be disapointed".
raydog, hard to argue with a guy that can ride it to it`s extremes:bowdown:

Back