If you had a choice, would you get a Gen1 or Gen2?

nabusa

Registered
So I am a bit torn right now. A friend wants to buy my bike bad, he's in love with it. If I sell it to him I can buy a 2011 busa pretty much the next day. Wondering how many of you guys would switch over from a Gen1 to a Gen2 if you didn't have to have a bike payment.

I thought I would never trade my 05. But I love my Gen II even more. Yes, you have start all over again on mods, but thats the fun. Both are fun bikes, but I am very happy I made the change.

I traded my 06 for my 09 and have never regretted it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think its time to make this topic a STICKY. Along with oil, tires, TRE, exhaust, etc.
FWIW, my 1st Busa was an 01, sold it to get an 08 and now have an 09. Do not see myself going back to a Gen 1.

Most Gen 1 owners here will expectedly say Gen 1. And the Gen II owners accordingly. HINT: See a trend in those who have owned BOTH a Gen I and Gen II? :whistle:

Gen 2. more power right off, no real need for a big bore kit, you can run a turbo with just ecu editor and the stock fuel system

I've piloted both Gen I and Gen II's.... I prefer the look and feel of the Gen I's personally. :thumbsup:

Still like the look of the Gen-I better. But it was time.

Img_1565_busa.jpg

Dsc05327.jpg

Handling feels nearly identical to me. Can you tell? :laugh:

I can tell the difference in horsepower though.

IMG_5323_hwy49-knee.jpg

IMG_0400lowres.jpg

Img_1565_busa.jpg

IMG_5323_hwy49-knee.jpg

IMG_0400lowres.jpg

Dsc05327.jpg

Gen I. :) Only thing I like about the Gen II is the engine, but I'm rectifying that right now with a 1397. :whistle:

Back